An old school weekend

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
What a great weekend of old school.

Friday night I went to Plymouth Pavillions and saw Def Leppard and they were bloody excellent.
Yeah they never played anything from On through the Night or High and Dry (bastards!), but the were still damn good. A great opening duo of Action and Rock, Rock and then it was a mix of everything after that. Rocket sounded awesome, and you could even get to see what a awesome pair of guitarists they've got at times! Pity Vivian can't do Dio as well! If you ain't seen them for a while, believe me they are still worth seeing, even if Joe still ain't a great singer!

Saturday night I just have a total Assault and Battery on my ears and eyes. I went and saw Hawkwind in Exeter and they were fantastic. Yeah they still look like a band of new age travellers but they can still seriously kick arse. Alan Davey is playing with the band still and when he's there it is just like having Lemmy's brother up there. Heavy and loud as fuck bass sound and he even does the head tilted back singing style!
They played a real heavy set and had loads of projections and lasers which fucked up your head even more than the industrial strength dope doing the rounds in the crowd.
All in all a great weekend.

Paxoman said:
Nice one Lagoon, sounds like you had a great time!
It was a great gig...was 2nd row almost (having stomped thru the crowd!)

then did an Ironically Maiden show in Swindon on Sat!

The A38 did me in! How much driving did I do that weekend! Ouch!

Anyone else do the Plymouth gig?

Black Lagoon said:
I saw you down the front DTT! but never got to say hello again.

Now you know what it's like for me when my normal nearest gig is in Bristol. Coming home that final stretch of the A38 is a killer.
Friday night was quite appalling...rain, rain, wind, then sun thru rain in eyes....

SAturday going back it was better! Who put all them hills in the way....(er Dartmoor!)

bit fucked off I missed Make Love Like a man...but never mind...Looking forward to Lahndan on Friday!
Went to a good club after btw, round the corner! Rocking on this stage till 2:30am !! Oh yes...

Glad you had a great week-end Black Lagoon! You know Def Leppard is one of the bands that I've never got so see live, yet. Would have loved to have seen them in the early days. High N' Dry is my favourite album of theirs closely followed by Pyromania and On Through The Night. Listening to those albums now takes me back to being 13/14 years old - one of the first rock bands I got into. :cool: