An open letter to Scott and Charlie...

They have a better chance for the young kids to dig them if they got John singing and they do shit from SOWN onward.

Oh, and dutchy, the idea of coming back with 2 singers wouldnt be awful...but rumor has it now, it's just Joey, not both singers.

Of course it's just one singer! If you sign a deal with the devil to get on Ozzfest, the devil sets the terms. You can't bill a "reunion tour" with two singers. Ozzfest has seen the reuniting of Black Sabbath and Judas Priest, Anthrax is just the next step in a long line. Money talks, and the bullshit walks.

I don't really care anymore. I'm just pumped up for the new Black Label Society record. I've really gotten to be a believer. The first few albums were OK, but the Blessed Hellride really pushed them towards the top of my current favorites. Zakk is the last true rock star, and the carrier of the Metallica flame that burned out so long ago.

Rozy157 said:
Of course it's just one singer! If you sign a deal with the devil to get on Ozzfest, the devil sets the terms. You can't bill a "reunion tour" with two singers. Ozzfest has seen the reuniting of Black Sabbath and Judas Priest, Anthrax is just the next step in a long line. Money talks, and the bullshit walks.

I don't really care anymore. I'm just pumped up for the new Black Label Society record. I've really gotten to be a believer. The first few albums were OK, but the Blessed Hellride really pushed them towards the top of my current favorites. Zakk is the last true rock star, and the carrier of the Metallica flame that burned out so long ago.

mafia is a great record.

There's an old saying.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Put my vote in the "nay" column regarding the reunion.

Rich

lemme put it in kinder words mosher, the kids that go to ozzfest are into all the newer metal bands. thats supposedly what ozzfest was about getting the up and coming metal bands some badass publicity. but those kids aren't going to like joeys vocals hands down. if you sing high now you have to sing in a whiney voice for it to be cool. like atreyu. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to them i like atreyu. but thats the only way i can think to describe it. the only thing i have aproblem with this is doing ozzfest with the reunion line up. the kids aren't gonna like joey. some will but most won't. john will be more accessable to them. i have nothing against joey or a reunion though. If sharon wants joey it's because she wants the extra sales from the older metal heads coming in to see anthrax.
-Jono-

Yeah, but what some of you fail to realize is this. if they new age metal fans dont like joey..fuck them. this isnt about them, this is about old school anthrax fans who love the joey era and would like to see them perform together again, if only for a summer tour.

Deege said:
They have a better chance for the young kids to dig them if they got John singing and they do shit from SOWN onward.

Oh, and dutchy, the idea of coming back with 2 singers wouldnt be awful...but rumor has it now, it's just Joey, not both singers.

maybe in the US, in Europe we get the 2 singers bill!!You know why?? "cause we lead the way":headbang: :D

dutchy said:
maybe in the US, in Europe we get the 2 singers bill!!You know why?? "cause we lead the way":headbang: :D

Of course we lead the way but do you really think it would be Joey and John for Europe, and JUST Joey for the US? It doesn´t make any sense to me...

Armored Thrax said:
I'm with you TD. Why bring back the one thing that that kept Anthrax from being as successful as the other Big 3?

John and Joey Vera need to haul ass back to Armored Saint. What band do you think is more talented, Bush, Vera, Gonzo, Phil Sandoval and Jeff Duncan or the dudes who last performed together wearing goofy jam shorts???

man u are a passionate fan but please take a step back,while joey belladonna was in anthrax they were quite successful,i truly do believe that if he was still in the band for sown they woulda been a huge success,its no point in arguing because we will never really know ok.

did the other big 3 have a change of singer at the most important time of there career? think about it they just come off a huge tour with public enemy for an ep with so much magazine press it wasnt funny to all the press announcing new singer,people dont like change dude,name 5 bands that have been at the same success if not better after a change of singer?

All I know is this:
Sharon Osbourne is a money grubbing sow with dollar signs for eyes and she needs to buy a fuckin clue when it comes to heavy music. By right Anthrax should have played Ozzfest right after WCFYA dropped. Now, instead of getting the call up based on merit, they will be reduced to some bullshit nostalgia side show for a bunch of unappreciative cock smacks. Sharon should stay home with that decrepit fuck she calls a husband and change his soiled diapers. And she should have aborted that walking pile of syphilis called Jack.
Sorry Im probably being a bit harsh but Im beyond pissed off.

johnnieCzech said:
Of course we lead the way but do you really think it would be Joey and John for Europe, and JUST Joey for the US? It doesn´t make any sense to me...

dear Johnnie, it's confirmred by Dynamo that they will perform with the 2 singers. This is the only thing that is confirmed, all the Sharon bullshit bonanza is just crybabies on the net, trust me my fellow European!!:headbang:

TD said:
.... Hey guys, after you take the knife out of Johns back, do you think you can get the one out of my back?

Good God, get a fucking grip. If you don't like the Ozzfest lineup, don't go.
It's just a fucking tour, nothing has been said about Bush and Rob being replaced or anything. I personally like Bush & Rob more then Joey & Dan (I still love the old school though) but come on, it's their anniversery and I see nothing wrong with them doing a tour with the lineup they had during their prime on a major tour like Ozzfest. If it goes over well then good for them, if it flops and they get booed off the stage (which I don't see happening) then a lesson learned and all you crybabies can say "I told you so." To say that Scott & Charlie stabbed anyone in the back is fucking stupid at this point because you know nothing about it other then what was put up on Blabbermouth.
No matter what lineup they have going, if Thrax are at Ozzfest I'll be there.

mrthrax said:
man u are a passionate fan but please take a step back,while joey belladonna was in anthrax they were quite successful,i truly do believe that if he was still in the band for sown they woulda been a huge success,its no point in arguing because we will never really know ok.

did the other big 3 have a change of singer at the most important time of there career? think about it they just come off a huge tour with public enemy for an ep with so much magazine press it wasnt funny to all the press announcing new singer,people dont like change dude,name 5 bands that have been at the same success if not better after a change of singer?
Yes, they were more successful with Joey, but it was hardly Joey's doing. The music scene has changed completely. Metal was in style at the time, and MTV played metal videos. Aside from Selloutica, name one metal band from the 80's that sells as well now as they did then.

Anthrax_Mosher said:
Yeah, but what some of you fail to realize is this. if they new age metal fans dont like joey..fuck them. this isnt about them, this is about old school anthrax fans who love the joey era and would like to see them perform together again, if only for a summer tour.
summer tour fine. i just think ozzfest is a bad idea. i dunno.... i'm just afraid they'll get shitty billing.
-Jono-

I want to see the votes from last years poll from the people who voted Trax should play Ozzfest, I bet they are the same bitches who are complaining now that Trax is selling out and should not play Ozzfest!!

dutchy said:
so wrong!!! without Belladonna Trax wouldn't be here today!!

And with Belladonna, Trax wouldn't be here today. I think they still was there today because they have take Bush in the band, he help the band to past the 21 century. If they have stay with Belladonna, Anthrax would'nt be here since long time ago!! o_O

mrthrax said:

Be honest mrthrax, do you think Anthrax would have sold more albums if they had never fire Joey?? Do you believe that they would always play in arena and selling gold records?? I doubt.

Matt Bello said:
Be honest mrthrax, do you think Anthrax would have sold more albums if they had never fire Joey?? Do you believe that they would always play in arena and selling gold records?? I doubt.

u can not ignore the fact that having a new singer on the most important record of there careers was a good one,could well be the reason elektra went cold on anthrax