Anaal Nathrakh - Eschaton gear info

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Does anyone have any info on what they used on this album? Or the In the Constellation of the Black Widow album?

The mix on Eschaton is so filthy and vile, I love it :D ITCOFBW sounds clearer but it still has their horrible sound!

I don't know if they have many fans on here, but if anyone knows anything about what gear they used on these two albums then please post here!

EDIT - I thought i should post this -

For fans of grind :D

Last edited by a moderator:
anaal natrakh is my favourite band!
eschaton really has a unique guitartone sort of,
bought it when it came out and i still love it

yet i believe its not the production that makes 'em awesome, domine non es dignus isn't that good production-wise, but still one of their better albums
if some standard metal thrash hardcore cliche metal band had the same production it would suck, and i probably wouldn't even think "man thats a killer guitar tone"

i really don't know anything about the production sorry
only thing is that there is probably shitloads of limiting involved, and drums are programmed on the older stuff, maybe on the newer stuff too, but i can't tell

hi everyone long time lurker!

I think mick used to/ still posts here himself under irrumator (spelling probably wrong)

as far as i know that album was a drum machine/dkfh with the overheads recorded seperately, and the guitars were a pod floor live thingy, with 2 tracks of that then 2 tracks of the live through a laney head miced up with a lot of overdubs.

This is all i know and hopefully was helpful in the quest.

I have been in a few bands on micks and shane embury's label feto records and have chatted production with mick a few times.

Now my first post is out the way i should try and contribute more often!

The only one of his other bands I've heard at this point is Professor Fate, which was awesome. He's certainly a versatile musician. Didn't know he played drums either. I hope he still posts here lol.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure he plays the drums with Fukpig. Hes a great musician, probably one of my favourite ones at the moment!

hi everyone long time lurker!

I think mick used to/ still posts here himself under irrumator (spelling probably wrong)

as far as i know that album was a drum machine/dkfh with the overheads recorded seperately, and the guitars were a pod floor live thingy, with 2 tracks of that then 2 tracks of the live through a laney head miced up with a lot of overdubs.

This is all i know and hopefully was helpful in the quest.

I have been in a few bands on micks and shane embury's label feto records and have chatted production with mick a few times.

Now my first post is out the way i should try and contribute more often!

The old DKFH? Maybe I'll have to dig it out again :D

also all the guitars on eschaton were tracked with an epiphone gothic les paul.

Mick just finished a euro tour playing guitar for bleeding through.

He spends alot of time in california with his girlfriend and maybe they are from there? He has done a band called sorrows with someone from that band as well.

'Eschaton' was an Alesis drum machine, with Real cymbals over dubbed. Guitar was 2 tracks of POD, 2 tracks of Boss Heavymetal Pedal into a HIWAT amp with orange cab. Bass direct

'In the constellation' was Drum kit from hell, with real cymbal over dubs,
Guitars was 2 tracks of POD, 2 tracks of Boss Heavymetal Pedal into a HIWAT amp with orange cab. Bass direct.

I think the main way to get the sound, is to get tight sounding drums, then have the bass and guitars really overloading and almost sounding out of control. so it sounds very chaotic but still tight.

Im not too fussed about trying to be PRO, I dont even know what im doing half the time, as you can see from my interview about equiptment!

Just use you ears and Heart

- Mick

'Eschaton' was an Alesis drum machine, with Real cymbals over dubbed. Guitar was 2 tracks of POD, 2 tracks of Boss Heavymetal Pedal into a HIWAT amp with orange cab. Bass direct

'In the constellation' was Drum kit from hell, with real cymbal over dubs,
Guitars was 2 tracks of POD, 2 tracks of Boss Heavymetal Pedal into a HIWAT amp with orange cab. Bass direct.

I think the main way to get the sound, is to get tight sounding drums, then have the bass and guitars really overloading and almost sounding out of control. so it sounds very chaotic but still tight.

Im not too fussed about trying to be PRO, I dont even know what im doing half the time, as you can see from my interview about equiptment!

Just use you ears and Heart

- Mick

Thanks for the info Mick \m/

I'm also seeing Anaal Nathrakh this saturday with Mayhem :D I can't wait :hotjump: