analog delay with tap-tempo feature?

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
I thought I had made a thread about this before but can't seem to find it.

Been looking at delay pedals for too long without ever making a purchase. Really wanting the MXR Carbon Copy but it has no tap-tempo which I would really like. (This is for live shows so the tap feature would be reaaaal nice).

The TC Electronics Nova Delay looks pretty awesome too, but it almost has more options than I really need. Thought the ability to have/save presets would also make live use a bit easier.

I guess it doesn't HAVE to be analog, as long as it sounds really nice.

Suggestions?

Yup, although the tap interval annoys me. Hence I'm still on the Big box Deluxe Memory Man, (and have a spare!) THE BEST sounding delay....

Although I wouldn't say no to a timeline...

If you're after real analog, there aren't that many. EHX and Diamond are probably the go to ones at the moment. But they're expensive for what you get.

For digital... you're spoilt for choice really. Boss DD7, TC Flashback X4 and Triple Delay (I just got one of the later), Digitech Timebender is a brilliant pedal also, and can be had for cheaper than the Timeline and Timefactor. You could try the Strymon Brigadier, but the tap tempo is kinda shit... coz it causes warbles and squirrel artifacts when you tap the tempo - is it authentic? Yes. Is it desirable? Not for me.