Making a single Tap Tempo for simultaneous use with 2 different delay pedals?

Vinny

Jun 4, 2009
New Braunfels, Texas
Hey guys, I am looking into making my own tap tempo pedal for my DD-20. Thing is, I am also looking at getting a DD-5 and using them simultaneously with each other to get some cool syncopated delay rhythms. (i.e. Quarter note + Dotted 8th delays. Sound REALLY cool)

But would it be possible to put two jacks on the tap tempo pedal (one for each pedal) so I can use them either simultaneously or by themselves so I don't have to worry about making a second pedal or having to "stomp" two tap tempos when they would both be in the same tempo anyway?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing. But basically I just want to have two different delay pedals plugged into one tap tempo pedal (with the same tempo obviously)

Kind of a dumb question, but just curious

Thanks guys!

Why didn't I think of that?

That's seems like a much better solution hahaha.

I wouldn't do an aby pedal though, way too expensive if I am already building. But a Y TRS cable should work (I think atleast)

That would be cool, atleast to have the option. If you wanted that functionality you would need an aby pedal or, build something like k.h.e described with an extra couple of switches for the aby. It's all really simple stuff to build even if you haven't done anything like this before and would save you some cash. Beware though, DIY is addictive lol