Picture of the new PODX3/discussion of new Line 6 products

:lol:

Bogners are sweet. I really dislike Mesa Boogie though. Except for the Triamps...I frickin love those!

I'm really sure I'm going with an ENGL Powerball for a new amp. Probably am going to build a rack with it. It'll be sweet.

i downloaded a mesa boogie sound for my podxt, it sounded awful, but with a bit of tweaking i made it sound pretty good, used it on my bands upcoming demos for the second guitar :D i quite like the mesa distortion tone, still prefer the JCM though :D

i downloaded a mesa boogie sound for my podxt, it sounded awful, but with a bit of tweaking i made it sound pretty good, used it on my bands upcoming demos for the second guitar :D i quite like the mesa distortion tone, still prefer the JCM though :D

yeah I prefer Marshall over Mesa. Im still gonna go ENGL though...theyre the balls

you're not basing your opinion of Mesa tone on Line 6 attempt at recreating it, are you?

You see, the funny thing about Mesa is that Mesa Models sound nothing like Real Mesa's.

Most real mesa's have amazing clean tones. The F-series, triaxis, and the lonestar classic especially. Amazingly versatile too. The only other clean sound I could possibly imagine wanting is from a Roland Jazz chorus (I actually prefer the sound of the 90 to the 120), but I can get my F-30 way too close to that to justify a couple hundred bucks on one. Another company that totally speaks for itself, but unlike companies such as Bogner (and I'm not saying this to slight Bogner in any way at all) also has the artists and widespread reputation to add to that.

Most real mesa's have amazing clean tones. The F-series, triaxis, and the lonestar classic especially. Amazingly versatile too. The only other clean sound I could possibly imagine wanting is from a Roland Jazz chorus (I actually prefer the sound of the 90 to the 120), but I can get my F-30 way too close to that to justify a couple hundred bucks on one. Another company that totally speaks for itself, but unlike companies such as Bogner (and I'm not saying this to slight Bogner in any way at all) also has the artists and widespread reputation to add to that.

I agree about the Jazz Chorus...I prefer the 90...the 10's lend themselves better to the whole feel of the unit.

right. It wouldn't be all that worth it for someone who already has an XT or XTlive to get one, but not a bad idea for someone just now getting some sort of modeler. The dual-amp thing adds a little bit of appeal for me, but I'd never willingly use a pod for anything more than practice anyway.