Anathema to support HIM in London

that's really sad.

i saw The Locust tonight...there were so many emo kids there with their trendy-ass hair, i wanted to tackle them and shave their heads

When thinking the latest Anathema-albums, they really should be the supporting act for HIM.

Anyway, HIM is ok band. The first EP and the debut album is quite unique stuff and the EP was really heavy.

Will Bozarth said:
btw, anathema's latest cds were damn good!
I still prefer their earlier works. But either way, I doubt Anathema will ever descend to a level that justifies a support gig for HIM... :ill:

cool_ville_025959953.jpg

:erk:

M.Lehto said:
When thinking the latest Anathema-albums, they really should be the supporting act for HIM.

Anyway, HIM is ok band. The first EP and the debut album is quite unique stuff and the EP was really heavy.

agree and agree

I haven't heard HIM before, but if Mr. Lehto AND Chromo say it isn't so bad, I'll definitely give their earlier stuff a listen.

M.Lehto said:

agree and agree too. Anathema's latest albums are 10 times gayer than Him. Him's drummer rules, he always wears Candlemass, Spiritual Beggars, or Motorhead t-shirts.

Okay, spoke to Danny: He asked Ville if Anathema could open for HIM, and - being an Anathema fan himself - he agreed. Danny's happy. Most Anathema fans aren't. Vinny will get new groupies. Anathema might sell some more records. Oh well.

:erk:

wow i just don't care anymore though

a fine day to exit is shit, a natural disaster is mostly crap (but pulled under at 2000 m/s rules)

antimatter >>> recent anathema

Erik said:
a fine day to exit is shit, a natural disaster is mostly crap (but pulled under at 2000 m/s rules)

antimatter >>> recent anathema
I wouldn't want to compare these two, they're too different in style. I don't care too much about AFDTE or AND either (Temporary Peace is beautiful though, and the aforementioned Pulled Under does rule indeed), but I still don't understand why they chose to open for a wannabe gothic metal band like HIM while at the same time trying to leave the metal/ dark music scene behind... :confused:

They're not metal or goth anymore, and they'd love to reach a wider rock audience - but why open for HIM then?!

Oh well, I should accept the facts and shut up now. :(

MFJ said:
I haven't heard HIM before, but if Mr. Lehto AND Chromo say it isn't so bad, I'll definitely give their earlier stuff a listen.

haha.. now don't get me wrong, its still easily categorized in the cheesy pop/goth category, but not nearly as bad as what came after, the early stuff still has a heavy edge to it. Yes I used to rock out to Greatest Love Songs 666 on cassette in the old days, on side A of a tape I made with Paradise Lost "One Second" on side B

IOfTheStorm said:
Anathema's latest albums are 10 times gayer than Him.

ah, gay meaning non-metal? great argument.

IOfTheStorm said:
Him's drummer rules, he always wears Candlemass, Spiritual Beggars, or Motorhead t-shirts.

i heard of some backstreet boys vid where one of them is wearing an EXODUS t-shirt, so i guess they must be OK?