Ancient Ceremony and Empyrium?

Dec 11, 2002
Herts UK
Visit site
Anyone like German Melodic black metallers Ancient Ceremony or atmospheric metallers Empyrium here?

I like both bands and pretty much all there stuff, from the slightly lightweight keyboardy ancient ceremony albums to the metal crazed most recent ones

And from the sad doomy dirge of empyriums winter sunset to there new polished chillout music!

What do you think?

Empyrium are my favourite band ever. All of their albums are totally beautiful, and all would be in my top 10 list. Unfortunately they've decided not to make any more :( Prophecy Productions have decided to re-release their demo, but only VERY limited. Check out their site for more info. I'm gonna try and get hold of one.

I've heard a few Ancient Ceremony tracks, and remember thinking they weren't bad. Any recommendations?? I imagine I'd prefer the earlier ones from what you've said.

In fact, lately, I've been listening to German metal more than anything. They have some great bands.

Empyrium demo ay? hmmm, i think ill have to look into that one, great band!

Ancient ceremony, if you wanna check out there earlier stuff, ' under moonlight we kiss ' is a great keyboardy vampiric album to chill out to, very laid back and atmospheric, the guitars are not very predominant like there recent cds, so its a great relaxing album!

If you want a download recommendation

Shadows of the undead

or a more recent one is

A black requiem

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try to get that track.

About the Empyrium demo - to get it, you have to "subscribe" to Prophecy (their label) - this means they send you all their releases as soon as they are released. You can either keep them and pay for them, or send them back. I wouldn't do it normally, but I HAVE to get this re-release of the demo, so I'm gonna subscribe. Plus, they have a lot of other great bands too, so it's not much of a problem :)

I'm guessing you're an Anathema fan too, from your name. They're great as well. Do you know Agalloch?? I think you might like them. They're my 2nd favourite band behind Empyrium. I highly recommend that you check them out!

What other bands are you into??
Go here for Agalloch MP3's