(And I should contemplate this change) All New OPETH Rankings

Why is it that Orchid is most peoples least favorite Opeth album? I'm a new fan and I've only got Orchid and Morningrise but they are both incredible. If Orchid is their worst album then their other albums must be beyond perfect :)

First post here btw, hi everyone :wave: (I've been reading it for a few weeks though)

Chances are if it werent for my friend getting me a copy of this latest cd damnation i would have never been at these boards..

When Opeth first hit the scene, i was rabbidly enamoured with their sound. The first two albums will always remain atop my favorite albums ever written.

Sadly, with the release of MAYH and thereforth i just couldn't appriciate their sound anymore. To me they lost that sheer power and intensity and opted for guitar masterbation.

(If i could play like them id probably have done the same)

However with this latest release i must give them kudos. Although it's almost like listening to a completely different band, it's great stuff. I'm hearing their sound now commonly being compared to porquipine (sp?) tree. I've never heard of them but im guessing they are heavily influenced by 70's rock/blues (moody blues, floyd, etc ) .

1. Morningrise
2. Orchid
3. Damnation

Thats it. :)

this is hard, but I shall try...

Blackwater Park
Still Life
Damnation
My Arms Your Hearse/Deliverance
Deliverance/My Arms Your Hearse
Orchid
Morningrise

It's really really hard, and it changes a lot, especially deliverance and mayh.
Except I'm sure that Morningrise is my least favorite.

ScottG said:
Morningrise
Still Life
Deliverance
Blackwater Park
My Arms Your Hearse
Orchid
Damnation

AAAAHHHHH!!!! I cant believe you put D2 last!!! It should go like this:

BWP
Damnation
Morningrise
Still Life
MAYH
Deliverance
Orchid

I still cant put all the O albums in order for me, so thats my 'current' album playlist hehe

\m/

1. My Arms Your Hearse
2. Still Life
3. Damnation
4. Morningrise
5. Deliverence
6. Orchid
7. Blackwater Park

tis a very close one to call, and Damnation will probably slip as the urge for heavier tunes comes back :devil: