And now for something entirely... introductory!

Virtual Scott

Allroundniceguy™ and Musical Mastermind.
Apr 12, 2006
Lost Angeles, CA
www.oceansofnight.com
First, here's who I am: a full-time graphic artist and part-time studio musician (see links below). In my personal life, I'm constantly working on creative projects that combine my two passions: MUSIC and DESIGN. Which is why I produce and compose music on CD's. THey are veritable digital and sonic portfolios of my muse. Oftentimes comlimentary, sometimes contradictory, always the result of many hours of frustration as most labors of "love" are.

Anyhow, onto my perspective on this site...

My second post here, and my first introductory post. I've had plenty of reservations about joining the Ultimate Metal Web for sometime, and then I realized, most of my conpunctions really were really concerning the amount of time I (probably like most others here) spend on various forums, mailing lists, posting digests, and just online in general. And Ultimate is a fairly large and comprehensive compendium of music forums. Where to begin? Where to lurk? Where to pester annoy and beat up bible thumpers (just kiddin)? Ah, all this time I don't have...

So what do I do?

I decide to join in and frolick with the best (and most wacky) of them all - you cats on the Ultimate Metal forums.

I could use an (almost) daily dose of music inspiration, a swift sonic kick in the seat of the pants, from time to time. I've been working on my own stuff for so long, sometimes I forget to pick up anything new. Was there ever a follow-up to Powerslave? Ok, that's another silly joke.

Glad to meet and greet you guys and gals (and other cyberspace alien lifeforms) in advance.

Anyhow, adios, mi amigo's, see you in the trenches!

PS: If you are bored, and need some new tuneage for your quiet creative time, feel free to surf on by my site. If you want to ever share a cold Dr. Pepper, let me know, I got the hookup, yo!

banner2_small.gif

Virtual Scott said:
First, here's who I am: a full-time graphic artist and part-time studio musician (see links below). In my personal life, I'm constantly working on creative projects that combine my two passions: MUSIC and DESIGN. Which is why I produce and compose music on CD's. THey are veritable digital and sonic portfolios of my muse. Oftentimes comlimentary, sometimes contradictory, always the result of many hours of frustration as most labors of "love" are.

Anyhow, onto my perspective on this site...

My second post here, and my first introductory post. I've had plenty of reservations about joining the Ultimate Metal Web for sometime, and then I realized, most of my conpunctions really were really concerning the amount of time I (probably like most others here) spend on various forums, mailing lists, posting digests, and just online in general. And Ultimate is a fairly large and comprehensive compendium of music forums. Where to begin? Where to lurk? Where to pester annoy and beat up bible thumpers (just kiddin)? Ah, all this time I don't have...

So what do I do?

I decide to join in and frolick with the best (and most wacky) of them all - you cats on the Ultimate Metal forums.

I could use an (almost) daily dose of music inspiration, a swift sonic kick in the seat of the pants, from time to time. I've been working on my own stuff for so long, sometimes I forget to pick up anything new. Was there ever a follow-up to Powerslave? Ok, that's another silly joke.

Glad to meet and greet you guys and gals (and other cyberspace alien lifeforms) in advance.

Anyhow, adios, mi amigo's, see you in the trenches!

PS: If you are bored, and need some new tuneage for your quiet creative time, feel free to surf on by my site. If you want to ever share a cold Dr. Pepper, let me know, I got the hookup, yo!

banner2_small.gif

Oh man... you were only kidding about bible bashing. :mad:

Whassup y'all. Thanks for the welcome mat. I think I just stepped all over it, but I wiped my feet first.

As for Keyys comments regarding my Site, well... I wasn't portraying it as the be-all-end-all of design sites. It's fully functional and aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate, and original... whether or not it's ground breaking, innovative or truly "da bomb" isn't for me to determine or even really think much about.

The site is both an online portfolio of my DESIGN work and a repository/distribution center for my MUSIC. If you click through my design work, I'll let that speak for itself, I suppose. But it is original because, well, I do all of my own work and perform all of my own music.

Any questions, comments, suggestions, or stock tips, contact my lawyer... just kidding, heh heh.

Peace!

Thanks my friend. It's been a long time coming considering I've lurked at many of the bands and events official sites, not realizing they were all under the Metal Ages Media umbrella of Forums. And I've been an acquaintance of Deron for a few years, so... what the heck was my problem?

:)

Bueños dias over there, eh? Just providing the obligatory introductory (even though I've been a lurker here and on other boards) statement, AND then attempting to join in discussions WHILE promoting MY new CD to the great masses of metal fiends, friends and families around the globe (or atleast on the UM forums, heh heh.) Thanks for the shout out and whassup!?

Virtual Scott said:
Bueños dias over there, eh? Just providing the obligatory introductory (even though I've been a lurker here and on other boards) statement, AND then attempting to join in discussions WHILE promoting MY new CD to the great masses of metal fiends, friends and families around the globe (or atleast on the UM forums, heh heh.) Thanks for the shout out and whassup!?

I liked the random caps

... sticky keyboards as in one of them keyboards where the keys stick and you get letters interspersed in your typing where you did not type them and it becomes a verbose mess of unitelligible letters and characters. Kinda like the typographic equivalent of a White Stripes song... :)