And now Roy Khan leaves Kamelot

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
So long!

Dear fans & friends,

There have been a lot of speculations around why I am not touring with Kamelot and I want to make a statement although it may not prevent further guessing as to what's actually going on. It is a fact however that I told the guys in the band already last fall (well after my burnout) that I was leaving the band. Naturally enough they were shocked (as was the label and everyone else working with Kamelot). In addition to risk of dropping ticket sales they wanted to give me time to think things over, and so I did. My decision still stands; It is finished.

More here:

http://www.myspace.com/roykhanofficial/blog/542719606

Not a fan of that band but that guy is a damn fine singer. I always wondered how they could manintain a good working relationship when the singer is based in Europe and the rest of the band in the U.S.? Aren't they based out of Tampa, FL or something like that?

Not a fan of that band but that guy is a damn fine singer. I always wondered how they could manintain a good working relationship when the singer is based in Europe and the rest of the band in the U.S.? Aren't they based out of Tampa, FL or something like that?

I really preferred Roy in the band Conception, but he brought Kamelot to new heights, not alone, by any means, it was a band effort. I believe the rest of the band is based in Tampa....

I wondered the same thing. He always seemed like the odd man out.

Khan brought it for me as far as Kamelot goes... now that he is gone I have lost interest :cry:

I am sure I am in the minority, but although I can hear that he is a talented singer, his voice never clicked with me in any way. I might appreciate Kamelot more with a different singer.

Bryant

Fabio Lione actually sounds great on the Youtube clips I've seen but I doubt he's joining the band full time. Khan's meltdown really had bad timing, it basically screwed over their entire touring cycle for the new album. Personally however I would have been very interested in seeing them with Lione and all the guests because I've seen them with Khan four times already and I felt their show needed a shakeup of some kind.