And Oceans - A.M.G.O.D.

anonymousnick2001

World's Greatest Vocalist
Aug 10, 2003
I
I actually don't feel like writing a review, but i will say this:

This album is awesome. It redefines what black metal can and cannot do. The mixture of ice-cold electronics and riffs with amazing vocals(Killstar :headbang: !) and even more amazing melodies is something I've not heard in a while.

The tendency of the album to delve to techno elements might bother some, but I think they do it tastefully, and it adds atmosphere, i.e. New Model World and Tears Have No Name.

There are blastbeats and stuff for "tr00" black metal fans.

Any comments? Feelings?

I think it's a good album, but i've not yet fully appreciated it yet. The techno elements are interesting, most of the riffing is excellent, good melodies, decent vocals, visual and provocative lyrics.......it should all make a good album, but for some reason, it's never fully gelled for me. The dodgy english pronounciation (especially 'we're the WICTUMS!!!!') gets up my nose.

Well, it's a good album, and the song title "Intelligence Is Sexy" is one of my alltime favourite titles. They have never surpassed the level they reached on "The Symmetry Of I, The Circle Of O", though. (imo :p)

They have the ability to become the next Ulver as far as black metal-turned-experimental goes.

I liked this album when I first bought it but quickly became bored with it. While the album is nice and candy-coated with slick electronic frosting, it seemed to have no depth or staying power for me. I'm not against busting it out once and a while for a spin but even that will only happen occasionally.