And where was En Vind Av Sorg? (Maryland DeathFest pics)

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
What a great festival.... full of great bands, some of them are good friends
from Holland who came to play in the fest (which is always good, to have an excuse to
see your buddies) and just pure fun for 3 days.

Some pics:

Neuraxis: (that were excellent, btw)

MDF2006_01.JPG

MDF2006_02.JPG

Waiting near my tour van, very tired
MDF2006_03.JPG

MDF2006_04.JPG

Breakfast! (no, not really... but they were excellent with my turkey sandwich)
MDF2006_05.JPG

Dutch Joost
MDF2006_06.JPG

The Dutch Cliteater

MDF2006_07.JPG

MDF2006_08.JPG

Dutch Dennis, filming his friends on stage
MDF2006_09.JPG

MDF2006_11.JPG

Canadian/Israeli Karen talking a picture of Dutch Dennis filming Dutch Cliteater

MDF2006_12.JPG

(more are coming)

Dutchies

MDF2006_13.JPG

MDF2006_15.JPG

MDF2006_16.JPG

MDF2006_18.JPG

Stella, Bathroom, and a Lioness

MDF2006_19.JPG

TOPPI !
MDF2006_24_1.JPG

MDF2006_25.JPG

The man and the legend... leon.

MDF2006_26.JPG

Sonny that plays for Atheist nowadays (reunion soon! wooooo)

MDF2006_27.JPG

With Evan (one of the orgenizers) and his gf Missy:
MDF2006_28.JPG

(more are coming)

and then at some point my camera died on me, so I couldn't take more band's pictures..... HOWEVER while watching the awesome Pungent Stench
on stage, I tried: and guess what? Camera is back to life!!!!

MDF2006_30.JPG

MDF2006_31.JPG

MDF2006_32.JPG

MDF2006_33.JPG

MDF2006_34.JPG

Then while hanging with the Anata guys, some douche offered me to
take pictures for this magazine... (yeah right) After he saw my reaction
he actually explained to me for 3 minutes how respectful this magazine really is... so here we are, 2 swedes from Anata and me supporting the junk:
(hehehe)

MDF2006_35.JPG

My purse created a smiley:
MDF2006_37.JPG

the end.

now: where was Ellis?????

:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

Im so sorry Karen, I ended up not being able to make EITHER day, I was pissed, believe me. Okay here we go:

Friday night my friend was supposed to pick me up to stay the night in Baltimore with another friend. About 6 Pm rolls around and Ive got all my stuff packed to leave. Friend calls, ohh apparently hes had strep throat for 3 days, and just decides to tell me he cant go right now.
Alright, that sucks, but I decide I'll drive up saturday morning myself anyway, not that big of a deal. Saturday morning rolls around, hop in the car, start the engine, shift into reverse *CATHUNKGRRCHINKTHUMP*.....chek engine light comes one, service engine light comes on, car is not moving....
Get this, the DEFECTIVE transmission that they replaced 2 MONTHS AGO is broken AGAIN. The Exact same problem as last time occured, same noises, etc. At this point I just sat in my car for about 10 minutes trying to calm myself and attempting to not violently destroy my hunk of junk car. So after another hour of calling around and realizing that I only have a handful of friends, and two of them even listen to metal, I pretty much realize Im fucked. So basically, everything collapsed on me at once. Its kind of like one of those days when you feel like negative energy from every corner of the universe is gravitating towards you to destroy your hopes.

So once again Karen, sorry I couldnt make it, I really did try, fate was not with me this weekend it seems.