And why not a traditional Beatles vs. Stones christmas poll?

The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?

• Beatles

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • Stones

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Midwinter_melancholY

¨‘°ºOrnamental adagiOº°‘¨
Nov 30, 2002
Belgium
www.hanenwurger.org
I used to choose The Rolling Stones, but I'm now more leaning to a bigger Beatles-appreciation. Their songs are just more, how should I explain, 'finished'. Technically they had the most simple songs and yet they have something more pure slash perfectionated.

Don't see what it has to do with christmas, but The Beatles nonetheless. Fuck man, "I am the walrus" is the only reason I need.

I'd pick John, Paul, George and Ringo, because until recently I just really couldn't stand the Stones. However I've been listening to quite a lot of their stuff as of late, beginning with "Paint it Black" which i must admit is an incredible song.

What really annoys me about polls like this is that people seem to completely forget that The Who (who're superior to both the Beatles and Stones) were around at exactly the same time as the other two, plus it is they, not the Stones who were the true bad asses of rock n roll.

I never liked the Stones, except for the song She's A Rainbow. There are many Beatles tunes I like.

Get buzzed and listen to "Revolution 9" by The Beatles followed by "Help I'm A Rock" by Frank Zappa.

To be honest I'd rather listen to ANYTHING else. But opinions are there to make others sick, wa-hey!

R0l0 said:
The fact that most Opeth fans don't give two shits about the Beatles and would rather listen to Dimmu Borgir makes me :erk:

Ahemm.... NO.
The thing is I don't like the Stones (in this country where I live it seems to be some kind of a 'stone' contamination. Every god damn band in this country sounds like them or are 'trying' to sound like them.) Let me say, that's DIS-GUS-TING.
I can't say I like The Beatles 'cause I haven't had the chance to listen at least ONE song by them, so meh... that's why I don't care, but of course I'd give them a chance...
And no, there's no way in hell that I'd rather listen to Dimmu Borgir over any of those two bands. I'd rather chopp myself into pieces.

I picked the Beatles. I'd like to see a Kinks vs. Beatles poll, though :p
and I'd pick the Kinks!

The WHO do - in fact - "pwn" both the Beatles and the Stones... The Beatles I guess are better than the stones... But I picked the stones because I'm so fucking sick of the whole "OMG the beatles are the best band that ever existed" thing...maybe 30 years ago... not today...I get a bigger kick out of listening to the stones nowadays.

While I admit they are probably the most influential band ever...they are not some untouchable gods of songwriting...

The Stones by a fucking mile. Best party band ever. Get drunk and put on Tumbling Dice. It doesn't get much better than that. The Stones have the swagger, the roots, and the raunch that no other band can touch. The Beatles are way, way overrated. Wrote some good tunes but I can't STAND it when people say without the Beatles there would be no (insert band or artist here). That's bullshit. Plus Keith Richards cannot be killed using conventional weapons.