And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

They're pretty good, managing to mix punk rock/emo-core/post-hardcore with some down right dirty rocking riffs :lol: If you want to check them out, I would suggest getting their most recent album 'Source Tags..' its got a nice balance of hard and spikey songs with more mellow melodic moments. Woah I sound like a street teamer :cry: Anyhow, hehe I'd better stop before I get grilled! :)

it ia a pretty good album...rather catchy...it was there that i saw you is one of the better tracks from source tags and codes...however...the album lost its appeal on me after a short while for some reason...and who noticed that the last track off the album sounds extremely oasis-ish

Originally posted by TheLedTool
Thanks Ian. I have "Relative Ways" already. Would you say that it is a fair representative track? ...I haven't given it a listen yet.

It's a good track, but I think the two best are How Near, How Far, and Heart In The Hand Of The Matter.

Hmm, I heard one of their songs and thought they were VERY inspired by Sonic Youth (a good thing) if you haven't hear SY try and get hold of "Daydream Nation" or "Sister" the things these people do with their guitars is just beyond fucking belief
NB, I don't mean they play shitloads of fretwank solos, it more like riffs created using bizarre tunings and fucked up noises.
They rule.

Yeah, ...Trail Of Dead is very Sonic Youth-sounding. But if you ask me, they're also far more listenable. Source Tags And Codes is definitley one of the better albums of this year...a total combination of of melody and catharsis. I recommend everyone has a good listen.