Anders Nystrom vs. Alexi Laiho

Jinn

Saint
May 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida USA
My buddy and I are having an argument over guitarists.
He says Alexi Laiho is the shit, I say Lord Blakkheim is the shit.

So here's how my argument is going:

Alexi is a fantastic guitarist, and an amazing Virtuoso.

Alexi: 1 Anders: 0

Anders is a fantastic guitarist, he plays with such emotion and has created some of the most emotional riffs in metal

Alexi:1 Anders:1

Alexi is from Finland, where Metal is equivelant to pop music.
Anders comes from Sweden, which has long been known as the home of some of the most brutal and recognized metal bands.

Alexi:1 Anders:2

Alexi plays an ESP Arrow, which is basically a bastard RR rip off. Anders plays a multitude of guitars, but preferrably, an SG model.

Alexi:1 Anders:3

Anders has an amazing trademark scream, but also has an amazing clean voice. Alexi can only scream.

Alexi:1 Anders:4

Alexi's nickname is 'Wildchild'. Anders' nickname is 'Blakkheim'.

Alexi:1 Anders:5

Anders is a master of atmospheric metal and has so been recognized by many. Alexi has mastered the fusion of pop and black metal.

Alexi:1 Anders: 6

Alexi's Children of Bodom has long been subject to mixed reviews from the metal community. some love it, some hate it. Anders' Katatonia, Diabolical Masquerade and Bloodbath are all powerhouses and legends in the metal world.

Alexi:1 Anders:7

Opeth fans and Children of Bodom fans have had clashes over the two. Opeth and Katatonia have no feud between them because each gives a completely different style and the band members are all friends.

Alexi:1 Anders:8

Blakkheim haz hiz own ztyle of zpeakking...Yezzz! Wildchild does not.

Alexi:1 Anders:9

Diabolical Masquerade is and will always own Children of Bodom.

Alexi:1 Anders:10

Anders is clearly better than Alexi!

Gnyahahah. How can you even compare a Children of Bodom-member to Blakkheim?
The outcome of such a comparison is quite obvious ;)

I won't argue the result of the comparison, but...

Jinn said:
Anders comes from Sweden, which has long been known as the home of some of the most brutal and recognized metal bands.
Hey, don't mock us Finns - Finland's a cool place to be a metalhead in!! :headbang:

Jinn said:
Alexi plays an ESP Arrow, which is basically a bastard RR rip off. Anders plays a multitude of guitars, but preferrably, an SG model.

Alexi played a Jackson RR until they stopped importing the damn thing to Finland... Still, I love SG, so points to Blakkheim for this one.

Jinn said:
Blakkheim haz hiz own ztyle of zpeakking...Yezzz! Wildchild does not.

So does Alexi, but his style mostly consists of the words "fuck" and "shit" and their Finnish equivalents...

Jinn said:
hehe, someone should post this thread in the CoB forum...

hahaha noo... refrain from that pleeze... i dont wanna get into a poll battle with that dude and especially not a ton of his followers comin' in here and startin' zum slaggin'. i mean, look what happend when i posted my spontaneouz opinion on paradise lozt... one kikk in the snow and then this freakin' avalance came tumblin down...

i think this lahio dude zeems kool man, zum of his fave bands (which are not common in this scene) are mine as well and he's technically a very deadly guitar player. altho i'm definately not a fan of his vocal style or his band's music i cant question their success, they gotta be doin zumthin' rite... rite?

I'm not mocking the Finns at all friend :) just pointing out that CoB has been nominated for the Finnish Equivelant of an American Grammy over there multiple times[?]. We haven't had that shit happen since Pantera.

I thought that Alexi went to ESP after Jackson made him wait for replacement guitars after his old ones got stolen? ah well.

Come to America's deep south. Alexi's 'fuck shit' language will look like a children's book compared to American rednecks :p

stay metal! \m/

Blakkheim said:
hahaha noo... refrain from that pleeze... i dont wanna get into a poll battle with that dude and especially not a ton of his followers comin' in here and startin' zum slaggin'. i mean, look what happend when i posted my spontaneouz opinion on paradise lozt... one kikk in the snow and then this freakin' avalance came tumblin down...

i think this lahio dude zeems kool man, zum of his fave bands (which are not common in this scene) are mine as well and he's technically a very deadly guitar player. altho i'm definately not a fan of his vocal style or his band's music i cant question their success, they gotta be doin zumthin' rite... rite?

oops.... too late >.<

but yea, I like Alexi Laiho as a guitarist.. I like him a lot.

I just think you're better :)

Blakkheim said:
i mean, look what happend when i posted my spontaneouz opinion on paradise lozt... one kikk in the snow and then this freakin' avalance came tumblin down...

haha :D The upcoming album should definitly contain a song with lyrics in swenglish. Altough I haven't heard much CoB there's no question who's the better musician of the two I reckon.

Jinn said:
I'm not mocking the Finns at all friend :) just pointing out that CoB has been nominated for the Finnish Equivelant of an American Grammy over there multiple times[?]. We haven't had that shit happen since Pantera.

Yeah, my post was kinda tongue-in-cheek anyway! So :kickass: , mate!

In this I have to disagree a little, although I also think Sweden is the cradle of any death metal band (ok, there are obvious options on USA)
But Finland has many metal bands which I really like. Such as:
Edenbeast
Evil Morgan
Ill Dispossed
Panzerchrist \m/
Pitchblack
Whitering Surface
Descensus
Illnath
Urkraft
Amorphis
Apocalyptica.

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Jinn said:

Jinn said:
Come to America's deep south. Alexi's 'fuck shit' language will look like a children's book compared to American rednecks :p

stay metal! \m/
HEY! :yell: