Anders Nystrom vs. Alexi Laiho

Alexi Laiho vs. Anders? Kind of a weird comparison as it is like comparing C.C. Deville with Eric Clapton. Anders is the obvious choice for me, as I do not like Alexi's style or songwriting at all. In fact, I would rather be spoonfed my own diarrhea than listen to one CoB album all the way through.

the one and single area that Alexi tops Anders is his technical ability, which is meaningless as his riffs lack soul and emotion......shredders are only for musician geeks unless they have feeling, something people like Alexi, Steve Vai, etc totally lack. who cares how fast you can play if you don't have emotion in your music? I can appreciate their ability on the guitar but Anders simply destroys these other guitarists on songwriting talent alone.

Withering Surface is also from Danmark.......

EDIT: Luzi, get out of here :Spin:

Edenbeast - although i dont know them, google says Italian Thrash or something german ^^
Illnath - danish
Urkraft - thought zwedish?

:wave:

Jinn said:
Come to America's deep south. Alexi's 'fuck shit' language will look like a children's book compared to American rednecks :p

stay metal! \m/

Or come to ireland where even the most posh people will make your eyes water with profanity. I love my homeland... :headbang:

Bwahahahaha!! I think yesterday I was immersed in a drunken state without drinking so I posted that, all the bands I've mentioned are from Denmark with the exception of Amorphis and Apocalyptica as we all know they are from Finland. The thing was:
ME: Likes Danish metal.
Myself: Like Finnish metal.
and I love Swedish. Sorry guys.

Lord_AgathoN said:
Withering Surface is also from Danmark.....
Yeh.
Lord_AgathoN said:
EDIT: Luzi, get out of here :Spin: :
Bwahaha! N0. :tickled:

Lord_AgathoN said:
Edenbeast - although i dont know them, google says Italian Thrash or something german. :
Check their website: www.edenbeast.dk of course they are from Denmark.

Lord_AgathoN said:
Illnath - danish. Yeh
Lord_AgathoN said:
Urkraft - thought zwedish?
They are also pretty new and they had participated on 3 or 4 compilations and had released a few demos...
Also you can check some bands in this great website: www.danishmetal.dk
Or their website: www.urkraft.dk
Or the best: www.swedishmetal.net

Sorry guys!

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

i think alexi laiho is a better guitarrist...anders is a better vocalist
i like them both they are very different so i think they cant be in a poll or somethin like that

A Stranger said:
Or come to ireland where even the most posh people will make your eyes water with profanity. I love my homeland... :headbang:

ah, good old ireland.. my ancestral homeland on my father's side...

And WHY IN THE FUCK do I always mistake your avatar for a damn frog????

I must be going insane...

See, there's one distinct difference between the two:

Alexi is an extremely good guitar player, while Blakkheim writes good music. I will anyday choose the latter, no matter what. CoB is so boring after the 3rd song sounding the same, while Katatonia, DM, and Bloodbath have kept me listening for quite some years now. Blakkheim wins hands down.

I disagree on Anders beeing a better Vocalist .......no offence pal. But your backing vox (live) made me shriek hrhrhr. But maybe that are only the clean vox......did Mr.Black do the growls on DM, then nothing to complain bout those. :headbang:
Beside of that........allready mentioned, soulless music from this Laihoguy (Hatebreeder and Something wild were okay.....)

Deliverance6 said:
That is so fuckin funny.....I just recently realised that it wasnt a frog.....it is really froglike.....

Ah! so I'm not insane!!

Lord_AgathoN said:
I disagree on Anders beeing a better Vocalist .......

I dunno dude... Anders has a fucking sweet clean voice. Ever heard 'Spinning Back the Clocks'?

Aaron A. said:
Jinn, you are hot.

And... fucking right.

Well, you and my girlfriend share the same view about me.

Damn right I'm right! but it's not that big of a contest anyways. Anders completely owns Alexi.

Yeah i know Spinning bakk the Clockz....nice track. But that is studiosound. Live with Katatonia it sounded out of tune :p We will see when the dvd arrives.... ^^

Lord_AgathoN said:
Yeah i know Spinning bakk the Clockz....nice track. But that is studiosound. Live with Katatonia it sounded out of tune :p We will see when the dvd arrives.... ^^

ahh what show did u catch us at? oh wait, it must have been the one i shit my pants and i wanted to convey and mirror that murky feeling to my clean vocals....ahh... and oh... its boring to be in tune, out of tune is such a rollercoaster challenge! dont be afraid to try it...its really simple, u just get a really crappy monitor guy that doesnt speak english and yer set! woahh!

Blakkheim said:
ahh what show did u catch us at? oh wait, it must have been the one i shit my pants and i wanted to convey and mirror that murky feeling to my clean vocals....ahh... and oh... its boring to be in tune, out of tune is such a rollercoaster challenge! dont be afraid to try it...its really simple, u just get a really crappy monitor guy that doesnt speak english and yer set! woahh!

I was just thinking of shitting my pants.....and then singing to see if had any effect on my voice....thanx for doing the research for me......Im gonna crap right now!!!!!

Oh...and by the way.....I thought your backing vox at the odeon WERE the shit.....no shit (in pants) I guess......

Deliverance6 said:
I was just thinking of shitting my pants.....and then singing to see if had any effect on my voice....thanx for doing the research for me......Im gonna crap right now!!!!!

Oh...and by the way.....I thought your backing vox at the odeon WERE the shit.....no shit (in pants) I guess......

oh at the odeon, ohio... not really clean there either, had been shittin my pants again and if u look close at my pants u can see i pissed myself too, but the monitor dude was english speakin here and actually good at his job, so it worked.. my compliments...