Andre Matos' new disc Mentalize

We will have a few of the Limited Edition SHM-CD version of this from Japan at Progpower X. This is "Super High Material" pressing, a new reflective polymer coating devised for certain Japanese-only releases. On a spectrum analizer, there are full frequencies of lows and highs for maximum sound quality.

The SHM-CD has 4 bonus tracks that are not available on the later Europe release, according to Mr. Matos web-site.

These are available only first come, first served. Preorder being taken and to ship before Progpower X at www.cdinzane.com this morning. We've 20 copies coming in only.

www.cdinzane.com

Phone Orders Monday thru Saturday 7AM - 7PM C.S.T.
763-391-9344

Freakin SUCKS he won't be at Progpower:cry:...but while I knew the CD was coming out, it's definitely nice to know a date. Thank you! Anyone know a good outlet that will definitely have the Japanese version available the first day it's released?

Hey everybody :) I'e been wanting to post here for a long while, but never had time for it! it's fixed now, so i won't promise i will come often, but i'll try to drop in here from time to time. It's always nice to meet new Andre's fans.

I can't wait for this album either, of course. And i'm VERY happy about the reworked version of Don't Despair. I've always loved this song - and i remember that quite a lot of people talked with Andre about reworking that song especially, so I guess i won't be the only one to enjoy it!

cheers

Hey man welcome to the Progpower forum! Good to see you on here.

Got the CD today. Here is the tracklisting, which is slightly different from the one in the first post:

1. LEADING ON!
2. I WILL RETURN
3. SOMEONE ELSE
4. SHIFT THE NIGHT AWAY
5. BACK TO YOU
6. MENTALIZE
7. THE MYRIAD
8. WHEN THE SUN CRIED OUT
9. MIRROR OF ME
10. VIOLENCE
11. A LAPSE IN TIME
12. POWERSTREAM
13. FOREVER IS TOO LONG
14. TEO TORRIATTE(LET US CLING TOGETHER)

Can any of you, maybe Angrafan or Angrarules, clearify here. Has "Don't Despair" been renamed to "Shift The Night Away", or was it taken off and replaced with a new song? (I bet I have the demo somewhere, but I am too lazy to find out.)

As for the CD itself, I am only on the second spin, but I already miss the crunchy riffs from Hugo Mariutti. Hopefully I manage to find them after a few more spins...

Frode

Got the CD today. Here is the tracklisting, which is slightly different from the one in the first post:

1. LEADING ON!
2. I WILL RETURN
3. SOMEONE ELSE
4. SHIFT THE NIGHT AWAY
5. BACK TO YOU
6. MENTALIZE
7. THE MYRIAD
8. WHEN THE SUN CRIED OUT
9. MIRROR OF ME
10. VIOLENCE
11. A LAPSE IN TIME
12. POWERSTREAM
13. FOREVER IS TOO LONG
14. TEO TORRIATTE(LET US CLING TOGETHER)

Can any of you, maybe Angrafan or Angrarules, clearify here. Has "Don't Despair" been renamed to "Shift The Night Away", or was it taken off and replaced with a new song? (I bet I have the demo somewhere, but I am too lazy to find out.)

As for the CD itself, I am only on the second spin, but I already miss the crunchy riffs from Hugo Mariutti. Hopefully I manage to find them after a few more spins...

Frode

Interesting... I got mine today, and Don't Despair is listed on it... it's a re-recording, a bit different than the original Angra song, out on Reaching Horizons.

I am on the third listen right now. It's early to say how it compares to Time to Be Free. All I can say is that hearing his music as ProgPower approaches makes all of the open wounds sting again.

Wow. I think I was in denial for a while. It's like the death of someone just finally hit me. :mad:

Me too, and I got it today. www.cdjapan.co.jp
I am sure a few of the vendors at PP will have it, even the Jap. import. But Andre Matos, I couldn't wait that long...

Thanks for the info. I'm not into buying Japanese imports, the price plus S&H to my country will literally kill my wallet.

I found a torrent yesterday and downloaded and it is a solid album even heavier that TTBF, so I may buy it if I find it at PPX (weighing of course the price factor).

I have learnt with the tears that being a patient fan works better for the enjoyment and the economy :p (but yes it does hurt to wait).

I downloaded it already and I found it IMO a bit heavier that TTBF. I'm looking forward to find it at a reasonable price to buy it either at PPX or later online.

What does this disc sound like? Euro power metal a la Angra? Different? Please elaborate.

Well it's less symphonic than the first solo CD. This is more stripped down Metal ala Angra's Fireworks/Shaman's Reason CDs. I personally expected more from Andre but some people might enjoy it.

I find it a bit repetitive music-wise which is odd from Andre because he usually comes up with something interesting in that regard. The lyrics are pretty good not as good as the previous CD. It feels rushed if anything.

So i bought the album Japanese Import for about $25, and all I have to say is money well spent!!!! here is one of my fav. songs

Last edited by a moderator: