Andrew Haug and Jeff Rule

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
Did anyone else hear about what happened between Andrew Haug and Jeff Rule (PBS)? Jeff had to resign (probably was forced to) from his show on the station. Has anyone got the full story?

I was told the other night that Andrew pissed Jeff off, so Jeff slagged him off during the show, and how Century Media (who Andrew works for) are suing Jeff. Is this an accurate account of what happened?

I have no idea. Sounds a bit petty BUT, if Rule did slag Haug on air, then the radio station was well within its rights to get rid of him. PBS is a community station, and the governing body of community broadcasters (CBAA) has rather strict rules regarding libel and slander. Besides, pushing him off the air protects the station from further trouble if Andrew Haug, Century Media or Shock Records decide to take legal action (they can sue Jeff Rule personally, the radio station, or both). Blasting someone publically is a serious dangerous thing to do.

HAH... i was wondering where old Jeff had got to. I listen to Red Stink... a bit and he certainly did slag Haug, on a weekly basis. Obviously i don't know how it all started but i do know Rule refused to send Haug his weekly playlists so Haug (apparently) stopped sending Rule some of the CM stuff... most recently he missed out on the new Strapping album so he proceeded to slag Haug and request (every week) that listeners email him at Century Media and complain... very mature!

What a pair of nancy boys , if one was unhappy with the other he should of said something face to face not over the radio and the other should not of been such a cry baby about it .

Goreripper said:
I have no idea. Sounds a bit petty BUT, if Rule did slag Haug on air, then the radio station was well within its rights to get rid of him. PBS is a community station, and the governing body of community broadcasters (CBAA) has rather strict rules regarding libel and slander. Besides, pushing him off the air protects the station from further trouble if Andrew Haug, Century Media or Shock Records decide to take legal action (they can sue Jeff Rule personally, the radio station, or both). Blasting someone publically is a serious dangerous thing to do.

ooh shit - I cohost a show on 2XX community radio (Thursday 11pm-12.30am 98.3fm) here in Canberra and we slag people off all the time :) - usually it's just local punk losers the Hated but sometimes it's people who may take offense - probably lucky it's on late at night and no one listens :D

the PBS show you want to hear is Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment - it's on http://www.pbsfm.org.au/ or 106.7fm - it's on Tuesday nights (Wed morning) from 12am - 2am - great show!!!

Mendicant said:
ooh shit - I cohost a show on 2XX community radio (Thursday 11pm-12.30am 98.3fm) here in Canberra and we slag people off all the time :) - usually it's just local punk losers the Hated but sometimes it's people who may take offense - probably lucky it's on late at night and no one listens :D

There's a difference between taking the piss and pissing off! :D

Mendicant said:

the PBS show you want to hear is Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment - it's on http://www.pbsfm.org.au/ or 106.7fm - it's on Tuesday nights (Wed morning) from 12am - 2am - great show!!!

i listen to that all the time straight after Screaming Symphony, but most of the time i miss out on SS cause i watch tv

shit i aint talked to jeff in a few weeks
i had no idea this had gone down, i wanna find out what happens.
jeff rules gotta get him back asap

Jeff Rule totally destroys Andrew, fuck just look at who is mates with Jeff.....FUCKING STRAPPING YOUNG LAD!!!! i bet the best Andrew can come up with is some shitty local hardcore group from Adelaide hahahah (i don't know if that is true about a group from Adelaide i just made it up)

Andrew was just being interviewed on PBS with his band, in the slot that was occupied by Jeff. How the worm turns......!