Andromeda: Chimera?

wchuck

The HypnoToad
Oct 6, 2005
Germany
Anyone got it?

I heard 3 tracks in the radio today. I really liked them, except the synthesoizer sometimes.

How do you guys find it?

It took some time for me to get used to "2=1". I love it. But i don't think the new album is for me as a whole. May be a few songs. "The cage of me" is very good. But other songs couldn't catch me for now. May be in time... i don't know.

I was very disappointed by this release. II=I was so amazing, and most of Extension of the Wish was fantastic, but Chimera is simply mediocre. I got it because I love the band, but I think they missed the boat here...:erk:

turke said:
It started to grow on me. (I hope this is the right phrase :) )
It is. My current favourite tracks are In The End, Going Under and The Inner Circle. I'm finding it hard to listen to the entire album in one go :(

I preferred David Fremberg's vocals on the re-release of Extension over Lawrence Mackrory's on the original. Lawrence's voice does the job, but is whiny and lacks clarity when compared with David, who as far as I am concerned makes Andromeda complete.

Have to agree on the singer thing, I preferred the original guy, the hired gun, not the greatest singer alive but he had a zest and originality that really nailed their dynamic sound.

David Fremburg is technically a good singer but his voice is so wrong for this style of music, he sounds like one of those cheesy American TV commercial singers, I just don't dig it.