Andy got a question for you...

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
Sorry didn't want to ask in the Devil Driver thread, but when you master do you use different speakers than normal? Like a special kind maybe:Smug:

Everyone else who masters there stuff also please chime in on what they use equipment wise if any besides plugins and regular nearfeild monitors....

Sorry if this was a dumb question but I'm still a bit in the dark about mastering stuff but I'm trying to learn...

Sorry didn't want to ask in the Devil Driver thread, but when you master do you use different speakers than normal? Like a special kind maybe:Smug:

Everyone else who masters there stuff also please chime in on what they use equipment wise if any besides plugins and regular nearfeild monitors....

Sorry if this was a dumb question but I'm still a bit in the dark about mastering stuff but I'm trying to learn...

I use my regular HS80Ms, smaller RP5's and maybe more importantly a set of average $50 computer speakers..

the "standard" in the industry is to use nearfields for mixing, and larger full-range speakers for mastering

of course, this doesn't mean that this is adhered to anywhere near 100% of the time...

I mix on Event 20/20s and sometimes on NS10s, for mastering I use the same but somehow got used to check everything back in my car, which works good for me (since almost everything can work good if you´re used to it´s sound).