Andy Sneap and Slayer?

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
This is totally uninformed speculation (as it might actually be Greg Fidelman again), but seriously, if Andy doesn't work on the next Slayer (Slayyyyyyeeeeeeerrrrrr) album due this year, then there's definitely something wrong in this world. First he was high on the list for their previous effort, then Gary Holt (Exodus) and Paul Bostaph (Exodus, Testament) joined the band... Plus he would do an absolutely amazing job (as always). Who agrees? Let's start an online petition! :)

Being a huge Slayer and Sneap-fan myself, I'd reeeeeaally like to hear this! :D

I'm in!
Bale.gif

fuck that ... I want the scary Slayer back ... the "At Dawn They Sleep" & "Crypts of Eternity" Slayer ....

and hire a punter to do at least 1 more of the falsetto screams

I don't care for Slayer after Seasons in the abyss album. But hiring Andy Sneap could change that.
I also prefer older, darker and dangerous Slayer.
But I think that big bands need to hire Sneap as the producer also, not only mixing engineer. Good mix can't turn bad songs into good ones.

This would be awesome. I loved what Hyde did with the sound (if it hast to be modern), but those Fidelman mixes where seriously disgusting, especially the Death Magnetic style drum sounds. I never understood why people where all on the fence about DM's production, while WPB's was nearly as bad, ruining the complete damn record for everyone. The way the kick and snare just tumble around in the mix and cut into the guitars during faster passages made me wanna puke.