Andy Timmons

DimeSublime

New Metal Member
Apr 7, 2002
Tacoma, Washington
Visit site
What's the best CD to get by him for a newbie like me? I've only heard about 5 of his songs but I want to buy one of his CD's this month... and I'm completely in the dust as to which one I should get. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance.

haha this is soo funny! i've been on a huge Andy Timmons kick for like a week now and am actually learning a tune of his, Electric Gypsy (that lick about 29 seconds in is DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to make sound right!) I posted a clip of me playing part of it on the John Petrucci forum too hehe.

Anyway the CD to get NO QUESTION is Ear X-Tacy 1. It is one of the best instrumental guitar CD's ever released IMHO, andy is the KING of feel and emotion in his playing. Both Ear X-Tacy 2 and The Spoken and Unspoken were good, but nowhere near the quality of Ear E-Tacy 1. Buy that and thank me later :D

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
haha this is soo funny! i've been on a huge Andy Timmons kick for like a week now and am actually learning a tune of his, Electric Gypsy (that lick about 29 seconds in is DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to make sound right!) I posted a clip of me playing part of it on the John Petrucci forum too hehe.

Anyway the CD to get NO QUESTION is Ear X-Tacy 1. It is one of the best instrumental guitar CD's ever released IMHO, andy is the KING of feel and emotion in his playing. Both Ear X-Tacy 2 and The Spoken and Unspoken were good, but nowhere near the quality of Ear E-Tacy 1. Buy that and thank me later :D

Alright man, fucking awesome. Thanks. I think you're the dude who recommended me a couple songs by him in my earlier thread (Metal and Neo-Classical Instrumentals) too, and those were "Electric Gypsy" and "There Are No Words". So double thanks man, you rock. I'll definitely get Ear X-Tacy 1, since you seem to know what you're talking about... and that was the one I was kind of leaning towards anyway.

Take care. Peace out.