Andy's C4 settings.

Apr 18, 2006
Hi
I realise this has probably been covered everywhere possible! But where is it possible to find Andy's C4 settings? Have just got the Waves package and I would like a starting point that I can work from.
Thanks a lot

sneapc47ty.gif

Also, imagine its getting irritating now!But where are the kick and other drum samples he posted a while back?I remember seeing them but now cant find them.

Well I was contemplating ordering the Waves Masters Bundle. Basically I guess I should have asked a less vague question and asked what you guys take is on this product. I apologize

Yeah basically. I am using adobe audition which is no where near pro tools or any of the other high dollar stuff but I mean ya gotta start with something. But yeah I just wanna make sure I make a good purchase ya know?

Bloodjinn - you need something more along the lines of the Waves Platinum Native bundle, or Diamond bundle. The Masters bundle doesn't really have a whole lot in comparison to what you get. The Platinum and Diamond bundles are very nice, they have a crap load of useful plug-ins, including the C4 that Andy uses. Albeit, they are more expensive, but you get like three times as many plugs as in the Master bundle for about twice the price. Just a thought.

~006

Well I was contemplating ordering the Waves Masters Bundle. Basically I guess I should have asked a less vague question and asked what you guys take is on this product. I apologize

i'd say the cheapest ones you can get with the c4, apologies for not knowing off the top of my head!! Think its the gold bundle; but i think you can buy em individually.

Personally i think waves are a touch on the overpriced side; dont get me wrong i think some of the plugs are awesome, but i dont think they make enough awesome plug ins to warrant spending thousands on; and would reccomend getting a uad 1 card to you. not only are they cheap, the plug ins are unbelivable, and run on their own dsp thus saving your cpu....MINT

I really don't like Waves' pricing policy. They are a touch on the expensive side and their plug-ins aren't stellar sounding, IMO. The only necessary one is the C4... the EQ sounds like shit, but I'm stuck with it, same as with their verbs.

If you ever use a TDM rig, try to get a hold of the Massemberg EQ plug-in. Great sound.

I seem to remember andy mentioning he use's the C1 as well, but don't hold me to it. Look at buying the waves ssl package, as these will sound similar to the metric halo ssl stuff that andy use's and you don't need a mac. I would think he generally use's the ssl compressors/eq's rather than the normal wave's plugins.

Yeah moonlapse, I used to have to use Waves' verb's and they sounded great at first, until I got an m-audio card and started using ProTools and D-Verb, which sounds 10 times better, and also knowing andy used it on doomsday machine for the drums, makes me believe you can get great verb's out of it.

Not a fan of the D-verb either. Actually I've scarcely ever heard plug-in verbs that I've liked. Most of the ones that have impressed me have come from outboard units. The Lexicon NK used on Annihilism of the Wicked was fantastic, and there's also a klark-technic unit down at the studio here which sounds pretty great.

What I find the issue to be with most plug-in verbs is the decay.. it just doesn't sound nice and natural. It's always either too abrupt, or too cheesy and long. The Waves shit is especially horrid, becuase the verb tail just sounds like whitenoise.