Anette Olzon

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Hopefully, this won't turn into an Anette vs Tarja thread, but I think Anette's new solo effort is fantastic! Her vocal part beginning at 2:10 is phenominal!

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Anette's voice a lot....I liked her with Nightwish and enjoyed her Alyson Avenue stuff quite a bit, but her new cd (except for a couple of songs) really disappointed me. She sounds great, but for me, the songs just aren't there. I was hoping for something a little more upbeat, but most of the songs are slow paced and a little too boring for my taste. Maybe the pace will pick up with her next outing?

Longshot, I've slept since February.

I really like Anette's voice a lot....I liked her with Nightwish and enjoyed her Alyson Avenue stuff quite a bit, but her new cd (except for a couple of songs) really disappointed me. She sounds great, but for me, the songs just aren't there. I was hoping for something a little more upbeat, but most of the songs are slow paced and a little too boring for my taste. Maybe the pace will pick up with her next outing?

I think the songs fit her personal style. I liked her with Nightwish as well, but she didn't really fit in with the band. I'm just glad she didn't try to put out a solo album trying to duplicate Nightwish or any type of metal to be honest. This style of music fits her and she sounds in her zone vocally here.

~Brian~

I think the songs fit her personal style. I liked her with Nightwish as well, but she didn't really fit in with the band. I'm just glad she didn't try to put out a solo album trying to duplicate Nightwish or any type of metal to be honest. This style of music fits her and she sounds in her zone vocally here.

~Brian~

I agree that it was a good idea for her not to try to sound like Nightwish...I was just hoping for something closer to her Alyson Avenue stuff.

+1 on this. Wasn't going to start thread on this as I've been catching crap from everyone I say this to ( you know who you are :lol:), but you are right, this disc captures what her voice is all about, and in the end, it is a great disc "for her".... extremely well done, and the wife loves it. I'm happy. :lol:

Pretty much what he said. I'm not hating on Annette's voice, but the songs just bore me to tears.