Angra's NEW SONG and Album Details

I haven't stopped following this band since Christmas of 1995, when I bought the "Angels Cry" CD, basically based on instinct and listening to a friend of friend talking about them.

They've been one of my favorite bands of my youth and I still consider "Holy Land" among the best albums I've ever heard in my life.

As I see it, the Matos' years are the first life cycle of the band, the Edu Falaschi era is the second life cycle and now we enter the third life cycle.

The first cycle is simply out of reach for anyone including themselves. Then, even though the second cycle never really reached the grandoise of the first one, it's still great in many terms, with "Temple Of Shadows" being the top of it.

Now, as I've been listening to the new album for quite a while now I'd like to express some thoughts about the new third life cycle and the album itself.

Firstly, I was really disappointed with the DVD (mainly because of Fabio's performance), then I really liked them when I saw them playing live this summer and now with the new album I'm just a bit disappointed, but maybe it's me rather than the band's fault.

Fabio is really ok, but I think they are trying to stay focused on this power metal style that really is limiting them. Ok, they're way better than the average power band, but that's not an achievement for this band. Also, I don't dig Rafael's singing, I don't think Doro offers something special and a song with only Simone on vocals is more like trying to reach Epica's audience, than an actual Angra song.

There are some really nice ideas and the performance is top class, but I'll express my feelings with some lyrics from another band I love:

"There goes my hero, he's ordinary"

I like how they snuck in a solo acoustic guitar at 3:05, and then followed it with an electric solo complimenting the previous acoustic portion. Very nice.

Well I just listen to the whole album and...it'll disappoint a lot of people. Too many slow songs. Yep it got some old and new elements in there but I'll called an update of what left over from their last album. By the way not their best. My 2 cents.