animals as leaders

Good stuff indeed. I like the slower and the cleaner parts, but I'm not keen on the crazy sweeping stuff and such. Kinda too "messy" for my likings.

What's the point of using techniques and speed of light into playing without putting feelings?? :erk:

Who are you to say he doesn't have feeling in his playing? You can tell he doesn't put soul into his playing JUST because it's fast? I'm sick of people saying "fast can't have soul" and stuff.. please... if I play 1 note per second it's full of feeling?

The clip sounded horrible btw :D

Krondor, its because somehow, its been developed into our brains that a 70bpm, pentatnoic solo with lots of big bends is more emotional than going 240bpm in a phyrigian solo. lol

We had a whole thread about this in the symphony x forums.. I remember... search for it.

Yeah.. this band doesn't do anything for me.

I think whats developed in some of our brains is what sounds like it comes from within and what sounds like its well rehearsed brain gratification... bpm... get serious

Simply put: think before you act. Put that into this frame of reference, and it becomes obvious why most people think ultrafast = ultraclinical. While "speed" itself is not that big of a factor over an average range, there approaches a limit to which it becomes perceived that the action is instantaneous rather than deliberate. Consider pre-meditated murder vs otherwise. Consider meditation in a general sense.

Speed demons among you: Do not make the idiotic mistake of assuming I condemn fast music. Instead understand the mental forces supporting this common complaint.

Who are you to say he doesn't have feeling in his playing? You can tell he doesn't put soul into his playing JUST because it's fast? I'm sick of people saying "fast can't have soul" and stuff.. please... if I play 1 note per second it's full of feeling?

The clip sounded horrible btw :D

I'm Hexwind ! :Smug:
But apparently you got me wrong, what i was saying is, what's the point of that fast playing without making get the feelings of playing, dunno how to explain it properly but ....

I think Ken put it just the way I look at it, so +1.

Simply put: think before you act. Put that into this frame of reference, and it becomes obvious why most people think ultrafast = ultraclinical. While "speed" itself is not that big of a factor over an average range, there approaches a limit to which it becomes perceived that the action is instantaneous rather than deliberate. Consider pre-meditated murder vs otherwise. Consider meditation in a general sense.

Speed demons among you: Do not make the idiotic mistake of assuming I condemn fast music. Instead understand the mental forces supporting this common complaint.

i don't find it technical at all
he's sloppy and messy and i don't like his touch and vibrato (YES VIBRATO IS A TECHNIQUE), it sounds a little out of tune (not wide and fast, just out of tune)

-2pts because he's black (LOL JK)

I don't like it. I really don't like it. :/

Also, fast music can be emotional. There are some blinding solos in Images in Words that come to mind that are packed with feeling. Just sayin'.