Animations - Reset Your Soul

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
For fans of well executed Progressive Metal in the vein of Vanden Plas, Dream Theater....

Animations, a band from Poland. This is pretty cool:

Lasercd.com has their album, Reset Your Soul in stock for only $13. Worth every penny.

EDIT: After listening to the album, containing some of the coolest passages I've heard in a long time, I need to reiterate. BUY THIS THING!!!!! Fans of Serenity, Seventh Wonder, Vanden Plas, Circus Maximus... you'll LOVE this disc!

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: After listening to the album, containing some of the coolest passages I've heard in a long time, I need to reiterate. BUY THIS THING!!!!! Fans of Serenity, Seventh Wonder, Vanden Plas, Circus Maximus... you'll LOVE this disc!

I think this band is fantastic - great songwriters and awesome musicians. I loved their instrumental demos, and I really really wanted to work with them, but after hearing the entire album with vocals on it, I had to turn it down. The singer is really the weak link here. Such a shame, 'cause the music is kick ass!

c.

I think this band is fantastic - great songwriters and awesome musicians. I loved their instrumental demos, and I really really wanted to work with them, but after hearing the entire album with vocals on it, I had to turn it down. The singer is really the weak link here. Such a shame, 'cause the music is kick ass!

c.

He is not a great singer, I'll agree. His tone reminds me of Georg Neuhauser and Tony Kakko, and you can tell at some spots in the album he needs to develop more. But I don't think it bothered me to the point of turning the music off, though.

c.

Honestly though, I find that with most of these prog bands that the weakest link usually is the singer. Usually, as with this band, they aren't awful...just not great.