3. Pain of Salvation - Road Salt One
4. Ihsahn - After
5. Orphaned Land - The Never-Ending Way of ORwarriOR
6. Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time
7. Star One - Victims of the Modern Age
8. Ancient Bards - The Alliance of the Kings
9. Haken - Aquarius
10. Dark Moor - Ancestral Romance

Most 2011 releases I'm looking forward to have been mentioned already (Symphony X/Circus Maximus/Redemption/Pain of Salvation/etc), so I'll add Amorphis, Turisas, Sons of Seasons, Falconer, and Moonsorrow. :D

Well, Time for me to add my list as well. Since these albums are the top of what I bought in 2010, they are in a random order:

Ancient Bards - The Alliance of the Kings
Juvaliant - Inhuman nature
Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way Of The ORwarriOR
Pathfinder - Beyond the Space, Beyond the Time
Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape
Star One - Victims of the Modern Age

It's nice to see that my top albums are all mentioned earlier in this thread!

Looking forward to the new Symphony X, Sonata Arctica and Dream Theater albums, as well of the new album of my own band: Ex Libris.

Dr petter, great to see that you like the Pathfinder album as well.
I'm glad you took the time to listen to that one and appreciate it as much as I do!

By the way, let me add that I'm looking forward to the new ReinXeed (Peter!), Lost in Thought and Redemption as well.

'Higher' is indeed a pretty good album - I wish the production would be A LOT better though!! That is really something they should work on.
'Majestic' took me a while to get into, but it has definitely grown on me.

Hi!

2010:

Seventh Wonder - TGE
Anathema - WAHBWAH
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Spock's Beard - X
Periphery - Periphery
Lunatic Soul - LSII
James Labrie - Static Impulse

2011:

Dream Theater
Mike Portnoy (projects)
Neal Morse
Opeth
Between the Buried and Me

etc.

Haha, i didn't expect to see B.o.B on here :p
I'm taking note of the more popular prog metal albums mentioned here and shall check them out soon :D

Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape
Bring Me The Horizon - There is a Hell Believe Me I've Seen It, There is a Heaven lets keep it a Secret

EDIT: Hopefor 2011. Wintersun - Time

Great Job KazaR!!! I love this kind of post, not only to make a summary of past year (I agree, lack of masterpieces, indeed...there was only a SHOT in the dark!). That's give also a great opportunity to check out some unknown or/and undiscovered band (as Jennifer said.. ;-) so Dank'u wel Kazar!!

1. Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape

...longly far ...
Treat - Coup De Grace
Alter Bridge - AB III
Slash - Slash
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier (I expected it was worse than that)

Great new discovers :
CIRRHA NIVA- For moments never done
STATUS MINOR - Dialog [thanks to Finland Smart Promotion Manager :) they opened for a SW date in that so-easy-finnish-town-to-name!!]
(actually dated 2009 but discovered in 2010)

In 2011 I cannot wait for:
See Crimson Glory live
Symphony X - TBA
Circus Maximus - TBA
going in tour with my horsemen buddies to Kamelot+Tommy Karevik shows (Oslo with CM is already booked!!)
a new tour with CM and SW up and down of Italian Land

and last but not least, I wish we're not gonna to loose so many beloved rock n roll stars as in sad 2010 :-(
---

wishing you a great rock n rollin 2011 to you all
old and new (so many indeed!!!) forum and SW fans !!!!!!

"Graag gedaan, Maxx ;)."

going in tour with my horsemen buddies to Kamelot+Tommy Karevik shows (Oslo with CM is already booked!!)
a new tour with CM and SW up and down of Italian Land

Fantastic that you're going to Oslo!! Would love to go there myself. Booking a flight from Eindhoven to Oslo isn't possible at the moment, but I read they/Ryanair will be flying to Oslo Rygge again from the beginning of april.
Oh, and a SW/CM tour on Italian soil...:Smokin:

Warn me when and where the party starts!

Maxx, you're right, too many good musicians have gone to the eternal stage in 2010!

Haha, i didn't expect to see B.o.B on here :p
I'm taking note of the more popular prog metal albums mentioned here and shall check them out soon :D

Hahaha I had to dig through the other genres to find albums that I completely loved since there were so few prog albums I was impressed with

Favorites of 2010:
1. Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape. Can't listen to this, then stop and find something else lol.
2. Anthriel - The Pathway
3. Darkwater - Where Stories End
Below that.......
Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
Dimmu Borgir - Abrahadabra

Looking forward to in 2011:
Wintersun - Time (Was expecting 2013 at the earliest...)
Symphony X - Iconoclast
Dream Theater - TBA
Sonata Arctica - TBA
Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever

My favorites of 2010:

01. Kamelot – Poetry For The Poisoned
02. Slash - Slash
03. Pain Of Salvation – Road Salt One
04. Treat – Coup De Grace
05. Star One – Victims Of The Modern Age
06. Seventh Wonder – The Great Escape
07. Scorpions – Sting In The Tail
08. Wig Wam - Non Stop Rock 'N Roll
09. The Murder Of My Sweet - Divanity
10. Pretty Maids - Pandemonium

I just copied the list I did in December. That is the reason why SW is so deep down. I just fell in love with them around that time and had listened to TGE only twice before deciding to put them in my top 10. Now they would have climbed up to the second spot for sure.

Looking forward to in 2011:

The new albums of
Sons Of Seasons
Stream Of Passion
Delain
Serenity
Evergrey
Dream Theater
Rush
Sonata Arctica
and many more

A great concert/festival year, especially
Transiberian Orchestra (first row center!! :devil:)
the Kamelot tour
Rock The Nation Festival (Journey, Foreigner, Night Ranger, Kansas)
Night Of the Prog Festival (Dream Theater, Riverside, Anathema and many more)
And hopefully ProgPower Europe in September :hotjump:

2010:

Blind Guardian - At the Edge of Time. Solid, and probably their most variated release. Love the orchestral epics Sacred Worlds and Wheel of Time.
Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape. I actually havent got this album(yet) as I havent found it in stores. I have heard it on Spotify though, and my impression is that TGE is a good album. The title track is great, probably my fav along with King of Whitewater and.

I would say these two are the ones who stand out. Not too impressed about Kamelot's or Maiden's, perhaps they need some more listening though.

Anticipated releases this year:

Symphony X - Iconoclast. Despite the lack of updates from the band itself, they say it will be named Iconoclast. Appearently pretty intense and heavy, with one 10min+ ballad in between. Hope it's better than Paradise Lost.
Turn up the keys and reduce the compression please!

Circus Maximus - TBA. I love the theme, feelings and melodies of Isolate, which I prefer to their first album. Hoping for another cracker, and a CM performance in Norway after this! And I mean a whole show, not just warming up for Kamelot in May.

Pagan's Mind - TBA A band I relatively recently got into. Can be a bit too "spacy" at times, but a good band nonetheless. Will reveal one of their new songs March 2th.

Opeth - TBA All their albums since Blackwater have been solid, and I look forward to their follow-up to the great "Watershed". Acoustic, haunting arpeggios, and the mystery they manage me to feel is my favourite element of this band.