Expectations for new releases in 2012

Mentioned this earlier but it has come further along - right now the only album that's coming any time soon that I am really anticipating is Tremonti - All I Was. This isn't really a prog / power metal album at all so I don't know if it will be of enough interest to anyone around here. Mark Tremonti is the guitarist and of the hard rock band Alter Bridge which is just about my favourite band, and he's possibly my favourite guitarist / musician. He's coming out with his solo album which is written by him and has him singing, which is basically a first.

Even though this was at first talked about as just a quickly released side project there is a fair amount of buzz about it and I'm now anticipating it almost as much as I would an Alter Bridge album or one from one of my other favourite bands (e.g. Dream Theater, Seventh Wonder, Symphony X). First samples released recently:

In case anyone here is into that kind of music (and if not I'd recommend Alter Bridge to every SW fan ;)).

Beyond that the only other album I'm now looking forward to that I know of is a supposed Stone Sour double concept album set for this year (which is likely to be of even less interest to people around here). Soonest things I can really get excited about are probably new Seventh Wonder / Dream Theater, which won't be coming until at least 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I am really looking forward to Tremonti project. And Stone Sour too. Didn't know about than one. Cannot only listen to prog all the time you know. I listen to all kinds of music (even Adele!), but for the time I prefer prog.
By the way, Unisonic that Kazar reccomended was great, thanks for that one :)

I had high hopes that the new Dragonforce would be worth to purchase but unfortunately that's not the case. IMO, the songwriting isn't as good as before and only a few tunes grabbed my attention.

Yeah, I listened to the songs when somebody uploaded them to youtube, and you're spot on with your description.

There's no info about new Anthriel album in 2012 but...

I did some slight research, and on their website and facebook page they say that they have been working on recording a new album! So yay!

I'm excited about the new Circus Maximus album as well. They released a single on itunes, but it says radio edit, which means it's probably shorter than the regular version. So might as well wait till the whole thing comes out.

^What do you think about it? I like it. It definitely sounds different than their previous stuff. They posted a video to their facebook that had snippets from other songs as well, and I liked what I heard.

^What do you think about it? I like it.

Yeah, I kinda like it too. I really havent listened CM that much. Few years ago certain mr. Karevik insisted me to take a proper look to those norwegians, and I bought few of their albums, but those didin't actually blew my brains out. Really liked Michael Erikssen's The Magnificient -album, cause I really like Michael's voice, and AOR/hard rock. Anyway, it seems that I have to give another chance to those previous CM-records! :)

^What do you think about it?

I downloaded Reach Within on itunes and was really disappointed. Gone are the crunching rhythms and soaring vocals. It sounds more like modern Linkin Park with that ringing guitar sound (kind of alt rock not prog metal). It does pick up a bit for the last 30 seconds or so.

The album teaser video is much more promising. It sounds like some of the elements of CM's music which I love are still there in the rest of the songs.

'Pathfinder', the Polish Symphonic Power Metal band, have released all songs from their new album 'Fifth Element' on Youtube!!

As you can read in the first post of this thread, I had high hopes and high expectations for this new album (I absolutely love their previous album)...............and boy, what an amazing album it is :headbang::headbang: !!

Check out these two songs if you like:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: IF Wojtek Lisicki wants to do another Lost Horizon album (I had the idea in the past that he actually wanted Daniel to return), and Daniel still doesn't want to, he should get Szymon Kostro to do the job!

Last edited by a moderator: