Expectations for new releases in 2012

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
What are the bands/albums you'll be looking forward to the most in 2012?

For this year, I'm really looking forward to/have high hopes to see some great releases by:
1. Pathfinder
2. Circus Maximus
3. Threshold (new album with Damian Wilson back on vocals)
4. Axel Rudi Pell
5. DragonForce :)Smokedev: let's hope the new singer can deliver and we'll be able to hear some epic melodies and choruses again)

Of course, I hope to be blown away by some other releases (or new bands) as well!

If you'd like an overview of what new releases are expected, click on the link below:
http://www.metalstorm.net/events/new_releases.php?upcoming=1

well, of course I would like new Shadow Gallery and Seventh Wonder Buddies records, but something tells me we all should wait for 2013. :(

so I should turn to Circus Maximus' (hey guys, move your a**es :D) and Threshold's

Hmm...I haven't really thought of anything I'm excited for or expecting. The only band that I know of who is supposed to have an album out soon is Circus Maximus. I'm also curious to hear what Dragonforce will be like with their new singer, although I'm not as big of a fan of them as I used to be.

I'm not overly familiar with what is set to come out in 2012, so here goes an ambitious wishlist of confirmed and unconfirmed releases:

Seventh Wonder
X Japan
Lord
Ram - Death
Adagio (now with Kelly Sundown Carpenter)
Persuader
Skywings (Japanese band)
Shadow Gallery
The Mars Volta
Kamelot

I'm not overly familiar with what is set to come out in 2012, so here goes an ambitious wishlist of confirmed and unconfirmed releases:

Seventh Wonder
X Japan
Lord
Ram - Death
Adagio (now with Kelly Sundown Carpenter)
Persuader
Skywings (Japanese band)
Shadow Gallery
The Mars Volta
Kamelot

Ooooh, X-Japan! I forgot them! :headbang:

I know nothing about Skywings, could u please tell us more?

I just read that Sabaton will release their next album in May (I love me some 'soldier Metal' as well ;) )!

Not so sure about Threshold (i'm still a bit bitter about Mac's death), but I do like Wilson as well. Looking forward to Circus Maximus though.

And as always, if SW decides to step into the studio, I'll be sure to set aside 15$ for awhile :D

Actually as it stands 2012 is looking like a bad year for music for me, based on what I currently know is coming up. A couple of my favourite bands released albums in 2011 so I won't be getting new stuff from them for a while, and a few more released albums in 2010, but for those ones they're not due another release until 2013. And I basically rely on getting at least an album or two from a band that is among my favourites, as well as a few more from other bands I like or some surprise new releases from new bands I get into.

Of course if Seventh Wonder were to release an album in 2012 that would make things look much better, but as it stands I think we're not to expect that until 2013.

If Fates Warning is releasing an album I'll be looking forward to that, I've liked Redemption for a while but have only recently been getting into FW after finding an album from them I really like (Disconnected).

The album I'm most looking forward to is Tremonti - the first solo album from Alter Bridge / Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti. It has the potential to be amazing. Also will be anticipating a new album from Creed, although I'd much prefer if they were going back to Alter Bridge instead of having to wait until 2013 until that. And I'm not sure if Avenged Sevenfold will be releasing something new this year, if they are I will be looking forward to that - although with Avenged Sevenfold I don't have faith that they will keep putting out stuff I really like, unlike bands like Alter Bridge, Dream Theater, Seventh Wonder who I'd be confident to expect something good from.

^You know what? You're right! :(

I wonder if Anthriel will release an album in 2012. Their debut was released in 2010, and it seems like newer bands tend to release new albums more frequently in their early years.

Here's to also hoping for another Seventh Wonder album!!!

There's no info about new Anthriel album in 2012 but...

I'm waiting for new releases from Crazy Lixx, Dokken, Driver, Dynazty, Eclipse, Fates Warning, Fifth Angel, Hardline, H.e.a.t, Impellitteri, Jaded Heart, Lillian Axe, Lynch Mob, Phenomena, Running Wild, Skid Row, Status Minor, Tango Down, Tyketto, Van Halen, Vindictiv, Vixen and ZZ Top... also expecting surprises from less known bands as well.

Im really looking forward to the new Circus Maximus. Its been so long since Isolate.

Im also interested to hear what Kamelot can do without Khan. I think Khan had become bigger than the band, which made the music suffer. Don't get me wrong, I love Khan's voice, but Poetry for the Poisoned was about providing a background for his singing rather than making good songs. The good news is that Thomas Youngblood sounds like he wants to return to a more melodic sound for the next album in this interview http://www.kamelotgermany.de/site/kamelot-germany-exclusive-interview-with-thomas-youngblood-2/.

Im also keen to hear sophomore efforts by Anthriel and Illusion Suite/Withem. I believe Bill (the singer from Illusion Suite) also has a space opera coming out at some point http://bill-makatowicz.blogspot.com/2011/10/discovering-illusion-suite.html.

1. Circus Maximus
2. Necrophagist
3. Wintersun
4. Dragonforce
5. Seventh Wonder?

Straight off of my mind, I can't think of anyone else at the moment. I'm REALLY excited for the new Circus Maximus album. I know I'm just repeating what people above have been saying but seriously, it's been 5 years since Isolate!

EDIT: Just remembered about X Japan and Angra!

Circus Maximus PERIOD.. I've been patient and I'm keeping my fingers crossed they get it done before 12/31/12...

Genius like Seventh Wonder can't be replicated so soon after the likes of TGE.. I will wait - for however long it takes...

Ohhh, a link to my new Kamelot interview here in the topic. What a nice surprise! :cool:

I guess the new Kamelot album is my most anticipated album for this year too. This along with the new album of Gotthard.

New singers are always a surprise bag. Hope both will turn out fine!

Ohhh, a link to my new Kamelot interview here in the topic. What a nice surprise! :cool:

It was a good interview :)

TY seemed managed to say everything I wanted him to about Kamelot's future direction as well which makes me really excited about their future.

I agree that new singers can be a mixed bag. I have never been overly keen on Fabio Lione, but even if he is the new singer, I am still excited about the overall musical direction they seem to be taking.

All of the other singers who seem to get linked with Kamelot on other forums (Tommy, Michael Eriksen, Vasilis Georgiou from Greek band Innosense) would definatly work well in Kamelot but I would hate to see any of them have to leave their current bands.

Ideally they could do both? Ray Alder manages to work with both Redemption and Fates Warning. I know Kamelot tour more than these bands but SW and CM seem to tour very little.

It was a good interview :)

Ideally they could do both? Ray Alder manages to work with both Redemption and Fates Warning. I know Kamelot tour more than these bands but SW and CM seem to tour very little.

Thank you. :D

I always thought they surely could do both. But Michael once said he would not do it because he wants to keep his main focus on CM, so who knows. But I'm quite sure Fabio could not continue all this bands IF he became the new singer.

On the topic I would like to add the debut album of Withem, where Andreas is going to play bass as guest musician. They are recording the album at the moment and I really can't wait to hear the result! The demo on youtube is very, very promising.