Anneke quits The Gathering

Just checked out her blog. At least we'll be able to hear her voice in the future, in her new band called "Agua de Annique". Gonna be interesting to hear what they'll sound like. Hope good things will come out of this.

Yeah. I found the page and checked out the song about an hour ago. Very nice indeed.
Stilgar: come to Ankkarock in Finland (4.-5.8.), that'll be their last performance with Anneke.
*nod* The first thing I did after replying to your post was to check out where they would be playng live before she leaves. I'll be considering it. The only problems are that it's an outdoor festival (not my favorite environment) and The Gathering is the only band I'd be interested in on Saturday, and Amorphis on Sunday. And no timetable for the bands is available yet.

Ja minun suomen kieli on aika ruostunut. Olen unohtanut aivan liian paljon sanoja.

I saw their last show with her in North America a few weeks ago in Seattle. This is horrible news :(

Stilgar: I really recommend you to come see them, as I think they're one one of the best live bands I've seen. Their stuff really works live, and Anneke is one hell of a frontwoman.

edit: and the last time I saw them was at an outdoor festival, and they were better than Mogwai, and on par with Mew and Tool... that should give you a clue :)

Stilgar: I really recommend you to come see them, as I think they're one one of the best live bands I've seen. Their stuff really works live, and Anneke is one hell of a frontwoman.

edit: and the last time I saw them was at an outdoor festival, and they were better than Mogwai, and on par with Mew and Tool... that should give you a clue :)
Ok. I'll really give it some serious consideration then.

annekefq0.jpg

i won't

sad news for the fans, but for me...I tried hard to like that band, I still cant choose what kind of music these guys do exactly, pop? pop-rock? goth-influenced-melancholic-pop? I still dont know...

yeah, just heard the news. Good luck to her and her new band. Good luck to the gathering for finding an excellent singer like her. Saw them live a few times and even though their music isn't really my cup of tea, I've always enjoyed their shows