Annihilator/Savatage/Priest style sound

akarawd

Aug 30, 2004
www.ogregomixmaster.net
Hi everyone,
All of you have helped with your suggestions (through the post "80's metal using JSX). Now the album is finished and 4 songs out of 13 are posted on www.myspace.com/wintersdawnmetal featuring Jeff Waters of Annihilator (Raptors), Chris Caffery (Ash Eyes) and Theodore Ziras (Where the Shadows are Free) and our own Ili (Silent Mourning Sunsets).

Check them out and tell me what you think !

Regards,
akarawd

These tracks sound great to these ears! Well done man... lovely guitars and the vocals are seriously powerful :)

Would be cool to get a pic of your entire signal chain for the rhythm guitar.

Great playing, definitely gets the head banging :headbang:

Hi Crystal King,

Your words mean so much to us ! This site has been the foundation of all my knowledge regarding

recording/mixing.

Here's my signal chain :

Les Paul Studio (alnicos) recorded DI --> Avalon U5 --> Audient Mico (AD) --> Digi002 (AD) --> ...and...

Digi002 (using the full volume output - not the one related to the volume knob and sending my DI track through output 1 or 2, thus avoiding any volume inconsistencies) --> Radial Pro RMP --> Peavey JSX --> 1 SM57 --> Audient Mico (AD) --> Digi002

I'll try to post a pic sometime soon (got to figure out my camera...)

Thanks again,

akarawd

After a few more listens, I'm really loving "where shadows are free" and "nitro"...

Yup, I'm a Judas Priest and Primal Fear fan :D

You're stuff is great, and Nitro definitely reminds me of "Ram it down" era Priest, which is some of the best Priest IMO :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hey man, I just listened to "Where the Shadows are Free," and I really dig it! Definitely invokes "Painkiller" in certain points, which is definitely a good thing! The tone is good, but I can still hear that trademark JSX metallic quality, though you made the best of it! What cab did you use?

And your singer is good, but in parts he really reminds me of Vince Neil, for better or for worse :lol: Mostly cuz in "Shadows..." there are parts that remind me of the verse of "Shout at the Devil"

Hey man, I just listened to "Where the Shadows are Free," and I really dig it! Definitely invokes "Painkiller" in certain points, which is definitely a good thing! The tone is good, but I can still hear that trademark JSX metallic quality, though you made the best of it! What cab did you use?

And your singer is good, but in parts he really reminds me of Vince Neil, for better or for worse Mostly cuz in "Shadows..." there are parts that remind me of the verse of "Shout at the Devil"

Metaltastic, I'm really glad you liked it ! It means a lot to me (and the band) hearing these words from you since you know this head is not really "ultimate metal".
The cab was the 2x12 Framus (V30s).

You said "Painkiller":headbang: and that album we worship :worship:

Thanks so much for the comment bro.

Best Regards,
akarawd

Hi,

You're right, the myspace quality doesn't do anyone's work any justice, but the file uploaded on the Steven Slate site sounds really decent.
Your comment is highly appreciated !

Regards,
Thanos

Thanks so much bros, your comments are rewarding !

If it weren't for this forum, I would have never managed !

PS. Jevil, I'm listening to you CD "Destroy All Humans" as I'm writing this and I'm dumbstruck ! Awesome work dude !

Zakky, check your pm.