Another Annihilator line up change

Weapon X

Raised to be Lowered
Jul 25, 2002
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Taken from the Official Annihilator Website http://www.annihilatormetal.com

Here it is the latest news: Joes out Daves in. Here are the details from Mr. Waters himself.

"Joe and I had a difference of opinion on an issue (not of a musical nature) that just couldn't be resolved mutually. We will...
miss Joe and we did some great songs/cd's together but the band, mgmt., label and I were quite aware, and in agreement, that this change had to happen.

New guy is Dave Padden from Vancouver. Killer voice; basically a guy of extremes; super clean voice and super raunchy/dirty voice. Alot of attitude. What til ya see him live this summer! An added bonus is that he brings the average age of the band DOWN! hehe! I think he is 26!

New cd will kill.

Dave Padden is the ex-guatarist for The Theory of a Deadman. How good I don't know. I know nothing about him or official reason why they split, just what's given. Nor do I find the reason important.

You can change the rythme guatarist, the bassist, the drummer, but the lead singer is always a doggy move. My hope is that Dave is just as good if not better. For those who get to go to Wacken or Bang Your Head will get to see the new singer for the first time.

There are many many many reasons so I'll list what I think

• Never Neverland finished Roadrunner wanted them to go the Pantera/Sepultura route, instead they went more soft/melodolic, they were dropped from the label
  • Metal virtually disappeared in North America
  • Both singers dropped (not fully Jeffs fault) one was a drunk the other wasn't allowed outta the country due to criminal record
  • Jeff started singing after STWOF, and his voice isn't that great
  • Band members change frequently, mostly on decent terms. Jeff was a real pain in the ass in his younger more drunker years
  • Criteria for a Black Widow was Annihilators come back album that did well, but would be the last album with Randy Rampage, due to Randy crashing the tour bus in a drunken rage
  • Joe came on and did 2 solid studio and 1 live album, widely accepted and best singer to date
  • Joe has now left and Dave is taking over for how long I wonder
There is your history lesson for today. I hope I answered your question :D

Weapon X said:
  • Criteria for a Black Widow was Annihilators come back album that did well, but would be the last album with Randy Rampage, due to Randy crashing the tour bus in a drunken rage

What an idiot Randy is. What was he doing before Jeff called him back in? And what the hell is up with that bleached frizzled hair with three inch black roots? I assume he never ventured outside for 10 years.

• Joe came on and did 2 solid studio and 1 live album, widely accepted and best singer to date
  • Joe has now left and Dave is taking over for how long I wonder
There is your history lesson for today. I hope I answered your question :D

Can I raise my hopes for Waking the Fury? I've not heard it - but I'm tired of being disappointed by a band I used to idolize. If I could ever play the guitar solo to Stonewall note-for-note, I'd give up happy.

JayKeeley said:
What an idiot Randy is. What was he doing before Jeff called him back in? And what the hell is up with that bleached frizzled hair with three inch black roots? I assume he never ventured outside for 10 years..

Well he was the lead singer for DOA and work in the shipping docks

JayKeeley said:
Can I raise my hopes for Waking the Fury? I've not heard it - but I'm tired of being disappointed by a band I used to idolize. If I could ever play the guitar solo to Stonewall note-for-note, I'd give up happy.

I really dig Waking the Fury, BUT some ppl were disappointed as the guitars are distorted, not clear like the last many. So I would download some songs before buying.

On the Official site there are Tabs to all the albums. Not all solo's tho!