ANOTHER band thread: Blazing Eternity

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
**...and judging by the users replying on myspace, it seems one of our fellow members here at UM from Denmark has already discovered them (no surprise, really hehe as you're from the same area - cool.)**

And sorry guys, I felt the urge to bring upon you all yet ANOTHER masterful, melancholic band. In fact, I hope many already hear have heard of them.
How many here listen to BLAZING ETERNITY? Because, honestly, yet again I have found music that takes a hold of me. What is it about this SAD music that I hold so dear in my life? And, it doesn't put me down or anything but it's this sort of music that actually makes me happy. So melancholic and beautiful to the ears. Some of the melodies are just downright "dreamy" and take you far, far away.

In fact, Sadguru, a friend of mine here at UM introduced me to them stating that if I liked The Loveless i'd like this band as well. And, he couldn't have been more right about that. The fact is, imo, these guys are on par and maybe with time I'll even like them more.

Listen to the song Cover Me With Your Eyes and tell me it doesn't just INSTANTLY grab a hold of you with its melancholic beauty. Some of this actually reminds me a bit of In the Woods, which is cool. 1:42 into this particular track is a moment in music I'll NEVER wish to forget - it's moments like this where I realize how phenomenal music can be.

Thoughts?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=115642816

I'd just like to close off stating the fact that these bands in Denmark sure as hell KNOW what they're doing. If there's anyone out there that has any light of other bands in the veins of Katatonia/The Loveless/Blazing Eternity, etc, etc please let me in on it.

I just wonder which of my favourite bands you will mention next, dear Alcapoth :Smug: :)
...by the way... just check out other Kim Larsen bands/projects ... you might find similar pearls ... [e.g. Of the wand and the moon...]

...by the way... Unicorn... didn't you want to give me the missing CD? :erk:

I love both Blazing Eternity albums. In fact I'm just listening to 'Times and Unknown Waters'. And was listening to it even before I got to Kata-forum.

I think I found the band some three or four years ago. My local record store had some metal albums, that wasn't selling, in sale. 'Times and Unknown Waters' just caught my attention. Mainly because of the promotional sticker on top of album with text 'Nordic Night Metal'. Price was only something like 5 euros so I just bought it without pre-listening and hoped that it's good. And what a great bargain that turned out to be. Such a great album.

So when 'A World to Drown In' came out a was already very familiar with the band. Back in 2003 when 'A World...' was released the first track 'Cover Me with Your Eyes' was available for downloading at record label's site some time before the actual release date. After listening to that track I was like I've got to get this album. 'Cover Me...' is simply brilliant. As is most of the rest of the album also.

My only complaint about that album is that it's released as a digipack without separate booklet (at least the one that I've got). So the lyrics are printed directly on the digipack.

I just wonder which of my favourite bands you will mention next, dear Alcapoth :Smug: :)
...by the way... just check out other Kim Larsen bands/projects ... you might find similar pearls ... [e.g. Of the wand and the moon...]

:lol:
HIM!!! Yes, no? Maybe? j/k, (not a huge fan even though they have a couple good tracks) but honestly - it goes without saying, good taste (as goes with most the kata-fans here it seems.)
And "Of the Wand and the Moon" - :) damn, I have heard this name before - thanks for reminding me (I think I've been meaning to check them out at one point but completely forgot about the name, lol.)

Clayman: Glad you agree with me, man. Cover me... is just one of those songs...I "feel" the music. And while I have the whole album in mp3 format, I'll eventually be buying the actual album - there's just so much music for me to grab a hold of still, it's quite overwhelming really.

Are there any more bands like this? Why is this music so scarce? It's depressing checking out Blazing Eternity's myspace list with so little plays and such. Not that it really matters (or does it?), but is this music that terrible to the vast majority or do we just have to accept the fact that all bands just aren't allowed to reach high levels of success? I'll always have these thoughts buried deep within my mind somewhere.

Are there any more bands like this?

Are you familiar with Dutch band called The Wounded. They have released three albums so far and I like all of them. On their debut album vocalist Marco uses some growls but for most parts he sings with clean voice. On last two albums he only uses clean vox. Band's musical style is said to be something of a mixture of Anathema, Katatonia and The Cure. Bands homepage can be found at http://www.the-wounded.nl/ and 4 tracks from latest album Atlantic can be listened at Myspace http://www.myspace.com/thewoundednl

Are you familiar with Dutch band called The Wounded. They have released three albums so far and I like all of them. On their debut album vocalist Marco uses some growls but for most parts he sings with clean voice. On last two albums he only uses clean vox. Band's musical style is said to be something of a mixture of Anathema, Katatonia and The Cure. Bands homepage can be found at http://www.the-wounded.nl/ and 4 tracks from latest album Atlantic can be listened at Myspace http://www.myspace.com/thewoundednl

Wow dude, not bad...:) thanks for sharing. I'm particularly fond of the song "Northern Lights." The rest are fairly good as well. I really do notice the Cure similarities here and there, hehe. ;) S'all good.

Their first album was way better than the second one. All the clean vocals really got annoying after awhile, especially since the singer isn't that good to begin with.