Another Corny Fan Post

Frank

Electric Monk
Jan 24, 2003
Painesville, Ohio
Visit site
The other day I was listening to one of the Enchant albums, can't remember which, when all the sudden I realized that Enchant was my 2nd favorite band.

Sounds dumb, but beyond Rush (THE BEST BAND ON EARTH) I don't really commit to anything. I ususally like music for what it is and try not to rate it, but it won't work in this case.

I warned you it was corny :Spam: , but it's the truth.

Good thread. I made a similar revelation just a few weeks ago. For the past half-decade, my "BIG 5" in the area of art rock was Dream Theater, Savatage/TSO, Marillion, Rush, and Alan Parsons Project .... with my sixth-man being Fates Warning. Suddenly now I look at that list and realize that of the five who have actually released an album in the past couple of years (all but APP), each has been releasing CDs I've found to be major disappointments.

In the past, Enchant was always an "honorable mention" on my top five list, but looking at their body of work lately (SEVEN good, very good, or great albums ... responsible for some of my favorite songs of all-time), the nearly unrivaled special characteristics of the band (lyrics, singing, song-writing), and the fact that their recent material blows away the likes of Six Degrees, Train of Thought, Poets and Madmen, Anoraknophobia, Disconnected, and almost everything else in the genre, what you end up with is a new entry to my all-time top 5. :worship:

-matt