...another damn haul

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
I have "buyers remorse" right now even though I nabbed some killer discs! Damn that Andreas for moving to Utah! :D

OSI - Office of Strategic Influence (Digi book)
Sonata Arctica - Victorias Secret (CD single)
Mark Boals - Edge of The World
Saga - Marathon
Meseuggah - Nothing
Opeth - Deliverance (digi)
Shadows Fall - The Art of Balance (Ltd. Ed. 2 CD Digi)
Stratovarius - Elements Pt. 1 (Ltd. Ed. Box)
Riot - Through The Strom
Dead Soul Tribe - s/t (Digi book)
Cannibal Corpse - Worm Infested

Originally posted by rgbeach
Impressive, most impressive...

...but check out my recent acquisitions:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=76572

AYE CURUMBA!:eek:
Your worse than me!? that's what I call the Extreme Haul ;)
How many CD's you got in your collection all together?

Originally posted by Tarkus
Hey Dustin. Does he actually have a store thats open to the public? I like to fondle the merchandise.

Unfortuantly no... It's pretty much a wholesale/warehouse of sorts, not to mention a working record label. Things can be pretty busy there on ocassion. I know many people in Utah want to head down there and shop their brains out which i'm sure Andreas would love (oh yes, he LOVES when you spend money at the End!), but if every metal head in Utah made that common practice it would cause major chaos in their daily funtions. I've known Andreas & Tomer through Deron, and meet them at ProgPower last year and they invited me down to check the place out, and I make a stop in there every 2-3 weeks to say "hi", buy and see if they've been moving any "Present Day" albums.

I think Andreas has had ideas of opening a retail outlet to compliment the End Records here, but I don't think he is going to make Utah his permanant home just yet so we'll have to see what happens in the future. I think once you get to know the guys on a personal basis, it's safe to make a trip out there ;)

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
How's OSI, Dustin?

To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it a first... it sounded like Chroma Key with Jim M. on Guitar, And I'm not a big on Chroma Key (which I find to be an aquired taste). But the more I listen to it, the more I'm digging it! It's slowing starting to open up on me. There is a lot going on in the album, especially if you have the 2 CD digi book, with the 17+ min. track! My only true beef with it is Jim's guitar tone. I wasn't a fan of the "fuzz" tone used on Disconnected, and it seems he's adopted it as his new sound. His rhythm tone reminds me of the Guitar sample we have on our studio keyboard ;) which can sound a bit phony.
it's not that edgy tone Jim had that I've been acustomed too for years. Although, his leads are AMAZAING as usual! lots of feel!

to sum it up, I definatly see this being one of my favorites this year for sure, as any album that takes time to grow on me always becomes a classic down the road!
:D

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
How's OSI, Dustin?

I like OSI very much. There's definitely a strong Chroma Key sense to it, but the Jim Matheos/Fates Warning sound is also very prominent. I think there are some similarities to the new Gordian Knot (maybe that's due to Sean Malone's playing!), as well. Lots of samples, loops, heavy guitar riffs, thought-provoking lyrics, melodic vocals, and interesting drums/percussion. If you dig this stuff, you'll like OSI.

Originally posted by Dustin
AYE CURUMBA!:eek:
Your worse than me!? that's what I call the Extreme Haul ;)
How many CD's you got in your collection all together?

My wife and I have about 1300. A pretty diverse mix, as well, including stuff from all genres - well, except country :)

Music is definitely a passion, but you know how that goes!

With my birthday being just a few days ago, I scored some killer shit as well. My girlfriend got me the re-released (Sanctuary released) versions of Venom's At War With Satan and Welcome To Hell and In Memoriam, and I picked up the new Overkill Killbox 13. The Venom discs have an album worth of bonus tracks each. Not to mention a few old Van Halen discs that my list was missing.