Another First Strike Still Deadly Like?

billhefner

New Metal Member
Feb 25, 2007
A friend told me that Testament will be coming out with the new studio album this summer, i know that's true, also, are they coming out with another re-recording of older songs like First Strike STill Deadly album? Is this true? please tell me it is..:headbang:

Never heard of another First strike...
here we wait for the first new material in 8 years...hope they will record the album in May-june, just two months!?!?!, (Tour in July and maybe some dates in aug-sept) hope they release the album asap, September???

Somebody on one of the blabbermouth talkbacks send something about this. I doubt it's true, but if it is I would definitely buy it. Since they did stuff off the first two records they could redo stuff off of Practice and Souls. Souls suffered from kind of a thin production (particularly the drums) and to hear a song like One Man's Fate with a great sound would be awesome.

fssd kicks so much ass, but i was a little disappointed that EERIE INHABITANTS, APOCALYPTIC CITY and DO OR DIE didn't made it on FSSD:cry: but beside of the lack of a few songs (i know i should enjoy the songs instead to be a whiny baby) its absolutly great.

I wish they could remix, remaster and polish the first 5 records like MEGADETH did with their back catalogue or FLOTSAM& JETAM with DOOMSDAY (which sounds incredible). More drums on The RITUAL would also be fine. But if this will not happen because of legal rights and contract shit...they should record FSSD part II with a listof songs choose by fans like ANTHRAX did with greater of 2 evils

here is mine

do or die
apocalyptic city
eerie inhabitants
practice what you preach
perilious nation
blessed in contempt
the ballad
sins of omission
face in the sky
one mans fate
souls of black
malpractise
seven days of may
electric crown
so many lies
return to serenity
agony
the ritual

ok 18 songs are too much:loco:

fssd kicks so much ass, but i was a little disappointed that EERIE INHABITANTS, APOCALYPTIC CITY and DO OR DIE didn't made it on FSSD:cry: but beside of the lack of a few songs (i know i should enjoy the songs instead to be a whiny baby) its absolutly great.

I wish they could remix, remaster and polish the first 5 records like MEGADETH did with their back catalogue or FLOTSAM& JETAM with DOOMSDAY (which sounds incredible). More drums on The RITUAL would also be fine. But if this will not happen because of legal rights and contract shit...they should record FSSD part II with a listof songs choose by fans like ANTHRAX did with greater of 2 evils

here is mine

do or die
apocalyptic city
eerie inhabitants
practice what you preach
perilious nation
blessed in contempt
the ballad
sins of omission
face in the sky
one mans fate
souls of black
malpractise
seven days of may
electric crown
so many lies
return to serenity
agony
the ritual

ok 18 songs are too much:loco:

18 songs wouldn't be too much. They could record two more and split up the records for two releases instead of one. Twice as much Testament.

Thing I don't get? They go through all that trouble to record half the songs from The Legacy and Half songs from New Order to put on 1 CD of 11 songs. Why didn't they just re-record both albums? Since they were in the studio recording those old songs. I that that would have been much more bad ass. :Smug:

Thing I don't get? They go through all that trouble to record half the songs from The Legacy and Half songs from New Order to put on 1 CD of 11 songs. Why didn't they just re-record both albums? Since they were in the studio recording those old songs. I that that would have been much more bad ass. :Smug:

I agree I want full albums.And I hope they are not like the megadeth remasters I bought four of them before I stopped.Dave messed with them to much.If they were just remastered like killing is my buisness I would have been happy.But the addition of horns and stuff...barf.And that cool bass part on polaris off rust in peace and some of the solo's really sound like b-takes(maybe to punish David and marty?)They just don't sound right.I have listened to those albums on a regular basis for years and my brain hangs on certain notes and sounds.And when they sound bad or different it's disapointing and there is less emotion connected with them.

Well the best of both worlds would be a 2 disc release. One disc would be the original recording remastered. Then the second disc would be the same album but re-recorded by the new Testament. I swear Nick would slay some of that old material. Even if they wanted to change parts of songs or speed some of them up or whatever on the re-recordings would be fine by me. That way you'd have the original songs, plus newer versions. You can't please all the people all the time, but that might come close.

Dave messed with them to much.If they were just remastered like killing is my buisness I would have been happy.But the addition of horns and stuff...barf.

I don't like the horns too, but if you listen to the original mix you can hear the horns also but more buried in the mix. The remixed version of PSPWB is really good and SFSGSW and RIP are also better beside some "mistakes" (yes the bass part in Take no Prisoners isn't loud enough)

Back to TESTAMENT, re-recoding both records would have been even better.:headbang: :headbang:

I'd like some re-recordings of some songs off PWYP. I've always hated the production on that one. The drums were totally beside the overall mix and the vocals were a bit loud. SOB on the other hand, I wouldn't want them to mess with. That album is perfect IMO.

I think sound/mixing quality wise from the old albums, The Ritual and Low sound the best. :Smug:

Ah,ok so it was take no prisoners not polaris.I remembered wrong thanks.But it sounds like it is a little more then just the sound of it,it really souds different to me ' along with some of the solo's.Maybe I'm wrong again but It just doesn't seem right when I hear it.I'll have to go put it in and pin it down.Back to Testament I don't think they would screw with to much except the drums but if they did I'm sure I would love it,I have loved everything they have ever done.:)

I loved First Strike, but im one of those people who thinks that songs dont need to be redone, give us new songs on the new CDs and keep breathing new life into the old stuff each time its played live, because thats where it counts !!!

Id still buy it and love it though :)