Another mix to take the piss out of!

cobhc

Amiga Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2003
Nottingham, England.
The solo section of Hatebreeder by Children Of Bodom, missing lead guitars as my friend is being slow recording them, rhythm in this is done by me, only "real" instrument is the rhythm guitar, which is a jackson rrv with j50bc p/up + JE-1000 gain boost into line 6 spider 112, out of headphone jack into comp. Drums are DFHS, keyboard lead is Korg Polysix Plugin, bass is a soundfont found on hammersound. All mixed in Cubase SX 3 using waves diamond 5.2 plugin's on my Hi-Fi Stereo. The drums are kinda loud cos that's how it sit's in the original mix, at least to my ears. Let me know what you think.

http://www4.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=3348

Don't put "Children of Bodom" as the artist in your ID3 tag, first of all. :loco:

Sounds ok, the cymbal is a bit loud and off to one side. The keyboard sounds good, different than COB but I still like it... but you cheated, so , meh...

Can't wait to hear your friend play lead!

Something strikes me about the playing... Maybe my ears are just shot tonight but it sounds like there is sort of something either jumping a head or lagging behind. The cymbal in the left channel seems to be a hair to early or the guitars seem a hair to late.. It creates this effect, at least for me, that the hits sort of sweep from left to right...

Other than that sounds pretty good. I liked the keys. Rhythm guitar seems like it needs a bit more of something, doesn't really stick out and hit me as much. Sounds heavy, but it needs a bit more.

I don't know... As I said, my ears may be shot.