Another new Heathen track - "Arrows of Agony"

Well, after two listens, it kicks ass. Not exactly "Victims of Deception" class material, but still fucking impressed with what these guys are able to deliver after being gone so long. Sounds honest, not forced like some other recent albums by thrash legends COUGH kreator COUGH

I'm really looking forward to this release, I'm thinking it's going to be one of the best releases this year.

Don't encourage him, guys. Let's dicuss instead how much this is gonna rock with better production. The main riff sounds kinda stilted and over-modern, but if you listen closely, you can hear a second guitar playing a counterpoint that should be much louder in the final mix. That will add a lot of depth to "Arrows" and generally make it kill 5x the poseurs it already does.

"Dying Season" is the better song, but both rule... The former is REALLY AWESOME, better than about half of both the old albums

Pyrus said:
Don't encourage him, guys. Let's dicuss instead how much this is gonna rock with better production. The main riff sounds kinda stilted and over-modern, but if you listen closely, you can hear a second guitar playing a counterpoint that should be much louder in the final mix. That will add a lot of depth to "Arrows" and generally make it kill 5x the poseurs it already does.

Yeah, it's gonna kill with better production.
The main riff doesn't sound modern to me, in fact, this song sound very NWOBHM influenced.
I didn't hear the counterpoint guitar that you're talking about. Are you talking about the verses?

Sweet Savage said:
The main riff doesn't sound modern to me, in fact, this song sound very NWOBHM influenced.

Yeah, I thought that as well. Like early Overkill riffs or something like that.