ANOTHER new mix test - dual rectifier - impulses - EZdrummer

Dylan S

Celephai
Feb 27, 2009
Australia
Hey guys,

So in my thread I made yesterday, I got linked to some great resources by 'Sean in Silence' and decided to try something completely different again, so I'm posting this new thread instead of updating the old one because it's a different song and I went about it in a completely different way.

I think the drums sound A LOT more natural. The kick is very clicky, and I'm trying to decide whether or not I like it yet. I think I might turn the lick down a little bit, but the kick like this reminds me of a Decapitated kick and I like that.

It's channel 3 on my dual recto by the way,on the diodes and bold settings, with a ZW-44 (love this thing) boosting it. The guitar is a Loomis Schecter with Blackouts.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=817513&songID=7394095

For those who couldn't tell from my last thread and this one...Behemoth are a huge influence of mine. :lol:

Sounds really cool but maybe the drums are TO natural sounding. At least I think so for this style.
The song is VERY cool!!! The guitars have that specific rectifier sound that makes me drool like a little schoolgirl(?)

Love the guitar tone dude!
The drums are sounding much better
still robotic
but hey
what can you expect from ezdrummer
hahaha
I know you said you hipass the guitars at 100hz and lowpass at 10khz
try 60hz for the hipass and 12khz for the lowpass and see if that makes a difference in your guitars
might open them up a little