Another new toy

Schmidt_Rubin

Mar 18, 2006
Cape Cod
www.myspace.com
I just got a Zoom MRS802B digital 8 track recorder, it has a built in drum machine (a good one) and a CD/RW drive. It got good reviews and I can see why, it's very easy to use, quality sound etc.. It'll be nice to record, mix, master and put the songs on CD with one machine.
802CDtop.jpg

What is your budget? Right now I'm trying to test out a Sansamp BDDI. It gets a lot of praise but I'm making up my own mind.

I have used a BBE DI-100X and really like that one. The Sansamp is a DI and can, supposedly, act as a preamp to run my QSC power amp. I'd still use the BBE for the Sonic Maximixer though.

Doesn't your amp have a DI out?

Jim

Schmidt_Rubin said:
There's no DI out, it's just a Hartke A35 combo amp. Most DI boxes are in the $20-$50 range and the Countryman is around $140 I think, that's about the max I'll spend on a box.

The Countryman is intended to got either between the bass and amp or flick a switch and go between the amp and cabinet as your DI source.
May be more than you need really if just recording at home.
Unless your rig has a 1/4 plugs instead of speak ons it would not go between your amp and speakers. Buying a feature you don't need.

I'll ping my geek friend Gil for a suggestion.

What about a badass tuner with a DI?
Peterson Strobostomp tuner

Jim