Another Noob

Eyes Of The Insane said:
Bodom doesent have screamo vocals. IT dies Today has screamo vocals. Plus its uite obvious of what they are doing on this board. um has the official bodom forum.
Yeah it does... same scream over and over again. Screamo. Lameo.

Blue_Jay said:
Welcome to the forums. Every single one of your bands I love to death (espicially In Flames aka my favorite band and Opeth my 2nd). The only band I have a problem with is Cannibal Corpse. I listened to them once so far and their vocals drived me nuts. Sounds like a pig or something but anyways I will try them again at some other later point since it seems you like them.

Edit: I just listened to something off the Kill album. I actually really liked it so I might have to start listening to them a bit more.

So Cannibal Corpse has awful vocals but Nile doesn't... yeah... OK. And listening to one of the longest lasting and most consistent quality death metal bands hardly qualifies you to dismiss them entirely.
Get The Bleeding.

Thoth-Amon said:
Yeah it does... same scream over and over again. Screamo. Lameo.

Just cause you scream alot it doesent make you screamo. There is a difference between the Bodom and shitty screamo bands like It Dies Today, Bleeding Through, etc. etc.

Eyes Of The Insane said:
Just cause you scream alot it doesent make you screamo. There is a difference between the Bodom and shitty screamo bands like It Dies Today, Bleeding Through, etc. etc.
True... its not as bad as those groups. But... there are so many bands nowadays that have virtually the same scream technique... it's very meh to me. Overall I don't HATE Bodom they are just very meh to me and I don't see what the big deal is.

I quite like Bodom! I think I've already said that a lot.

yeah I noticed loads of bands use the same screaming style. Thats what seperates those bands from the other, better bands, because although they have similar vocals, the other bands have their own style, yknow? Like, you could say Opeth and In Flames have similar vocals, but they're just like not.

Sorry, I meant the growling vox, not the singing.

Eyes Of The Insane said:

I think he was just making a rythme and not actually calling Children of Bodom screamo.