Another one bites the dust... RIP Layne Staley

Originally posted by enitharmon
Spare us such comments. You are not really sad and you know it. Your life is going on normally like nothing happened...
You, sir, are a dumb cunt.

And I mean that in all seriousness. Why should someone not be strongly affected by the death of a musician they liked. Music can have a powerful impact on the listener. He didn't say he was going to fucking build a memorial and worship it forever. He said he was sad, and why should he not be. I suppose the fluid buildup in my eyes when I heard of Chuck's death were not real tears? I suppose the mind-numbing sensation I felt for the couple of hours after that was not real?? And I suppose that the moments, which still happen now, where I pause and reflect on his passing are just me being a poser??? Yeah right. Chuck's music had a profound impact on me, so I can totally understand anyone else being sad for another musician.

Fuck off.

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
You, sir, are a dumb cunt.

And I mean that in all seriousness. Why should someone not be strongly affected by the death of a musician they liked. Music can have a powerful impact on the listener. He didn't say he was going to fucking build a memorial and worship it forever. He said he was sad, and why should he not be. I suppose the fluid buildup in my eyes when I heard of Chuck's death were not real tears? I suppose the mind-numbing sensation I felt for the couple of hours after that was not real?? And I suppose that the moments, which still happen now, where I pause and reflect on his passing are just me being a poser??? Yeah right. Chuck's music had a profound impact on me, so I can totally understand anyone else being sad for another musician.

Fuck off.

You sir, deserve an applause.

I'd heard that... If they do release it, I hope Chuck got most (if not all) of his parts done... Seems like, from what I heard, all that was left was bass and vocals... I might be wrong...

Very little of the CD album has been done. All the demos, obviously, but the proper recording is in limbo for now. I think maybe some of the drum tracks are done, possibly Chuck did some stuff as well, but Shannon, Steve and Tim have done nothing (I can't remember if Chuck did any, Steve posted on this a while back in his UM forum. It was in a 'Control Denied' thread, I think (too lazy to check :D )). Chuck's Mom is handling it, she wants the lawyers to have everything set before anyone continues work on it.
I'd be happy for it to take a while though. I'll get to the stage where I'm totally bummed there is no more of Chuck's music to get, then this album will turn up and I'll be happy again :D
I still don't have Scream Bloody Gore yet, and to be honest, I'm a bit dubious about getting it. Once I do, there will be no Death stuff I don't have. I like having one album I can still look foward to hearing :(

...Well... You can probably get by without SBG... keep it as that 'cult album that i've never heard' coz really, it's terrible. :lol:

Long live Chuck!