Another recording thread

freeze

Sep 3, 2002
Belgium
Visit site
I want to record some stuff played on guitar and layer several tracks onto eachother.

Now I have got a soundcard that came with this computer when I bought it and I don't want to buy a new one.To me the quality isn't THAT important.

But I heard from someone u need several soundcards...one for recording one track and another to listen to the previously recorded track(s) (he said otherwise one track would get recorded double which leads to really crappy quality):confused: Could this be true?

So I want to know is what's a pretty good (and rather easy to use) program to do the job?

thanks...

Originally posted by freeze
I want to record some stuff played on guitar and layer several tracks onto eachother.

Now I have got a soundcard that came with this computer when I bought it and I don't want to buy a new one.To me the quality isn't THAT important.

But I heard from someone u need several soundcards...one for recording one track and another to listen to the previously recorded track(s) (he said otherwise one track would get recorded double which leads to really crappy quality):confused: Could this be true?

WHAT? No! One's enough.

Check the other thread further down about recording software to get your answer on that.