ANOTHER ZANEX UPDATE:Met Alex Skolnick, Mom's operation, girlfriend/fiance, etc..

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Hello once again. A quick update on how things are going:

*My Mother's operation went "very well". She had the operation Thursday and was up going out to eat at "Applebee's" on Friday. I'll find out if she is cancer-free this Thursday-Friday. (Hopefully) Thanks to all who showed concern.

*My fiance and I are getting along better, I guess with all the "shit" that's been going on in my life with work, my Mom's operation, etc... I'll guess I'll have to what and see how things go... "NO ONE SEES, WHAT TOMORROW KNOWS."

*Also, I got to meet the great Alex Skolnick and got his autograph. I also got to talk with him for about being a Testament fan "since the Legacy", Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and Savatage. Without trying to sound "Corny" I told him "Mr. Skolnick, I felt the way you played guitar on "Handful of Rain"(by Savatage), you approached it as though you played the way you thought Criss (Oliva, late Savatage guitarist) would have played." He said nobody has ever told him that. I told him to take it as a great compliment and I raised a toast of beer to Criss Oliva's memory. I also told Alex to have a great show and he said thanks for coming out. I bet this bar "High On Rose" didn't have over 200 people (capacity around 300) there, but the people that where there where true fans. I had on a BLACK LABEL SOCIETY shirt and met this girl who was a big Zakk Wylde fan, and also met a guy who came all the way from Tennessee, wearing an Yngwie Malmsteen shirt, to see the Alex Skolnick Trio.

*For all those interested in the Alex Skolnick Trio, go to www.alexskonnick.com for more information. I got to see and hear his trio's renditions of Aerosmith's "Dream On", Scorpions "No one Like You" and "Still Loving You", and Ozzy's "Goodbye To Romance". I wouldn't call it METAL, but great Jazz "improvisational" music, very interesting.

*Hey ledmag, I saw good old Ron at the show, and told him I visited you recently. Also, BEN LACY opened the show. If you haven't heard this name people you soon will. I've known this guy for awhile, and he used to play Metal in band's like Sleleton Crew and Amazing Grace. Both these bands had originals and would cover everyone from Metallica, Anthrax, Pantera, Alice N' Chains etc... Now, Ben has been doing guitat clinics, endorsements, etc... and it was just him and his guitar playing Beatle's and Zeppelin classic's like "Taxman" and "Kashmir" , to name a few, and he also did some Stevie Wonder, (I forgot the song). BEN LACY IS TRULY AMAZING.

Enough for now. Cheers.

sounds good
headbob.gif