Ansur 'Axiom' -like Enslaved, Fluerty, Emperor, Celtic Frost, and the 1970's combined

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Maybe I'm slow on this album, but I just got the US release promo, and it pretty much surprised a little tinkle out of me.

http://www.myspace.com/ansursite

http://home.online.no/~hilde-ej/index.htm

I have no good way to describe them, but they're basically progressive extreme metal. More of a modern black metal approach than a lot of progressive bands. I'd be amazed if JK didn't suckle on my tits for recommending this. The entire album is brilliant.

If this thread gets more than 2 replies, I'll feel a great sense of acceptance (even though I've been here since day 1).:lol:

Hey Nate, you know how many reviewers who got our promo? I didn't know the US version had gotten out at all!
Well 70's inspired is right, but I can't understand ANYONE hearing CF in there, hehe.

Hey Nate, you know how many reviewers who got our promo? I didn't know the US version had gotten out at all!
Well 70's inspired is right, but I can't understand ANYONE hearing CF in there, hehe.

Are you joking about that CF influence? Probably not. The main CF influence is with the blackened vocals, I guess. But I couldn't say that the entire album is CF influenced.

Easily one of the best I've heard this year.

What year was this originally released?

Are you joking about that CF influence? Probably not. The main CF influence is with the blackened vocals, I guess. But I couldn't say that the entire album is CF influenced.

Easily one of the best I've heard this year.

What year was this originally released?
It was recorded in 2005, released autumn '06 by Nocturnal Art/Candlelight.

:confused: I can't stand CF!
Hear the vocals on Sowers of Discord live on myspace, they're without distortion. Yes-jam included!

Anyone seen any US reviews? I heard the promos were out months ago, haven't seen anything.

Hey people!

We have a new album coming out April 21st. Entitled "Warring Factions".

ansur-wf.jpg

WARRING FACTIONS TRACKLIST:

1. The Tunguska Incident (8:45)

2. Sierra Day (5:53)

3. Phobos Anomaly (6:20)

4. An Exercise In Depth Of Field (12:16)

5. At His Wit's End (7:59)

6. Cloudscaper (7:42)

7. Prime warring Eschatologist (12:39)

Total running time: 61:47

Samples of the album coming soon!