Anthrax at the Avalon kicked fuckin ass!

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I saw a few of the Iron Maidens girls in the crowd, what a bad ass show. I thought i was in 1991 all over again. They dominated that place, sold out venue, just about everything was perfect! You can tell the crowd is loving that Joey is back in the group

I saw 'em when they opened for Judas Priest here in Vancouver, Canada and they just slayed the crowd! I was just banging my head non-stop and Joey was in top form! At one point he jumped off the stage and ran through across the front row!

They made another Anthrax fan that night. So bloody good! :hotjump:

RR

Saw 'em Friday in S.F. at the Pound S.F.'s new out door ampitheater with Nile & a few other bands.Too bad Charlie Benante(whse wifr had just had a baby) couldn't be there but fill in drummer Jason from Shadow's Fall did a great job.Itw as aewsome to see Joey Belladonna back doing what he does best.For me it was 1986 all over again!Wich makes me wonder Why the Hell they ever split that aewsome line up in the first place!The John Bush years sucked ass!No disrespect I like John Bush in Armored Saint but to me it was no longer Anthrax.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fucking LOVE Anthrax!!!!! I went absolutely nuts when they play Indians at Donington. Infact I went nuts for every song that they played, man they were awesome!!!!! Although I prefer Joey's voice, I do think it was for the wrong reasons that he's back in the group - I feel sorry for John in that way. They were amazing live tho, and the Alive 2 dvd is brilliant as well, with a great documentary.

Danny rctv said:
Wich makes me wonder Why the Hell they ever split that aewsome line up in the first place!The John Bush years sucked ass!No disrespect I like John Bush in Armored Saint but to me it was no longer Anthrax.

Apparently Joey was a bit of a drinker, to the extent that it became a big problem onstage. Thats why he got booted. Things definately took a darker turn when John signed up, and I liked their first album with him, but they never really had the same feel...

It was one of the most violent shows I've been to in years. Even when I was up front at a Slayer show a few years ago it wasn't so rough.

Jeff Milne said:
It was one of the most violent shows I've been to in years. Even when I was up front at a Slayer show a few years ago it wasn't so rough.

I can imagine!!!!!! They put the moshpits during Indians up on the big screen at Donington and I was like wooooooooooah, check the size of those pits!!!!!! Luckily I never got "caught in a mosh". :tickled:

Cat, was that the Donnington Show that AnTHRaX opened up for MAIDEN for the Fear of the Dark tour, or was that the Donnington Show that AnTHRaX opened up for MAIDEN for the "7th Son" tour?

If I remember right, 'THRaX opened up for them in 2 different Donnington shows.

I know that that 'THRaX went on a year long tour with MAIDEN during the "Persistence of Time" days all throughout Eastern Europe at that time, roughly about 1991.

About AnTHRaX themselves:

An awesome awesome band.

I loved the Joey Belladonna days of the band.

Everything from "Armed and Dangerous" EP to "Attack of the Killer B's" CD, all of that was awesome stuff.

Even though Joey wasn't in the band at the time, but I also really like "Fistful of Metal" CD, even though at times Neil Turbin's voice was really irriatting.

I still to this day do not know why the song "I am The Law" was not put in the movie Judge Dredd? It should have been.

RuntoHills said:
Cat, was that the Donnington Show that AnTHRaX opened up for MAIDEN for the Fear of the Dark tour, or was that the Donnington Show that AnTHRaX opened up for MAIDEN for the "7th Son" tour?

If I remember right, 'THRaX opened up for them in 2 different Donnington shows.

I know that that 'THRaX went on a year long tour with MAIDEN during the "Persistence of Time" days all throughout Eastern Europe at that time, roughly about 1991.

First off, it's DONINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEASE spell it right cos it annoys the shit outta me!!!!!!

The last time Anthrax played at Donington before 2005 was back in 1987 so that'll be a no on both counts. :p