Anthrax Box Set

I bet they have been remastered, because for one they've included the remastered version of "Among The Living" (as evidenced by the track listing), in this box set, and two: this is being released by Island themselves (as opposed to, say Rykodisc and their rip off 'reissues') and they wouldn't put a box set together with just left over's of the last pressings for these albums. It will have to be 'special' in some way, or they'll take a major hit for it.

Thanks for the info, Justin. I hadn't yet heard of this yet. I'll keep my eyes open and I'll also probably grab it if it's remastered well.

Matt

If you check it out on Amazon, the track listing reveals there are bonus materials on each disc, except "Spreading the Disease". What's cool about it, is that time-wise, the bonus tracks correspond with each album. Having said that, they should have put the "Armed And Dangerous" EP at the end of "Spreading..." (I know, Megaforce Records licensing issue. Don't bother saying it)

Pretty strange, but this is the first time I've seen any kind of compiled (early)Anthrax release that DIDN'T have "Bring Tha Noize" included.

Definitely, I'm betting this collection is remastered for sure...

Yes, that would be very cool! I'm assuming what's shown is a pic of the box set cover. Let's hope there's jewel cases inside!

And let's hope it's not like the recent Testament 'box set', in which paper sleeves housed each CD. NOT remastered, I might add. Cheap, cheap Rykodisc crap.

Yes, that would be very cool! I'm assuming what's shown is a pic of the box set cover. Let's hope there's jewel cases inside!

And let's hope it's not like the recent Testament 'box set', in which paper sleeves housed each CD. NOT remastered, I might add. Cheap, cheap Rykodisc crap.

I swear, none of these labels seem to have anyone on staff who actually thinks about what fans might look for in a reissue set. The MP3 mentality just does not apply to these things.

That Testament box is like every other "box set" happening in the US these days. they only contain the most recent master sources. since Testament has never been remastered in US it was just the old albums.

the few exceptions to the mastering updates is KANSAS and BLUE OYSTER CULT that i have heard about in which some albums have been updated to new masters but not released separately. "Monolith" being THE album in the set never having been remastered until now. I bought the Jap mini LP because it was cheaper than the box. haha.

Yes, Justin. Remastered albums are definitely for CD/LP collectors, for sure. The MP3 crowd could give a shit less, in my experience...

The only Rykodisc box set I have that was actually remastered is the Death Angel "Archives And Artifacts" one, and it (audio-wise) was done very well. Well...besides screwing up the song orders on ALL of the first pressings of all 4 discs and having to send everyone who bought it (and who could furnish a receipt) replacement discs, haha. I bet someone lost their job over that one :yow:! That right there proves that these big companies don't even 'proof' their own audio 'master's'!

Matt, you're right there. The Testament box set is just re-pressed discs of the last manufacturing 'run' of the albums. I would frickin' kill for a nice remastered box set of classic old school Testament! They could do such a great job on that one, with pics, etc; But, no. Apparently, there isn't enough commercial interest in old school Thrash Metal these days, don't you know. What the world really needs is another Led Zeppelin, or Black Sabbath box set...:Smug:

The Testament box set is just re-pressed discs of the last manufacturing 'run' of the albums.

Well, I was thinking about buying that but, nevermind!

Edit: Hopefully the Anthrax box is done well, remastering and packaging. Will buy if so.

6syu.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Bonus tracks on everything but Spreading The Disease it would seem. I ordered my set today. from listening the AML master is the same as the deluxe edition they released already. but this will be first time STD, SOE, TPOT have been remastered in US.

Now if OVERKILL and TESTAMENT could just follow this lead. oh wait, WMG (Warner Music Group) sucks balls.