Anthrax Box Set

Bonus tracks on everything but Spreading The Disease it would seem. I ordered my set today. from listening the AML master is the same as the deluxe edition they released already. but this will be first time STD, SOE, TPOT have been remastered in US.

Now if OVERKILL and TESTAMENT could just follow this lead. oh wait, WMG (Warner Music Group) sucks balls.

What kind of bonuses? Are they worth buying all these albums again? I wouldnt get them just for the remastering

What kind of bonuses? Are they worth buying all these albums again? I wouldnt get them just for the remastering

Bonuses are just B-sides from the respective eras and live stuff. Yeah, I mean if you aren't a big fan than keep your originals, but the mastering on these gives them new life for sure.

However on Amazon you can get it for less than $20 with shipping. Pretty much a steal.

I just got this today after all this time, the remastering job is amazing on this. Granted, I've been used to listening to the versions of most of these songs from the Anthrology No Hit Wonders set, which to my ears has almost identical remastering to this one, but there's still lots of songs on here that I'm so used to hearing low old mastered versions of. Persistence of Time has always been my favorite Anthrax album, getting songs like Gridlock, One Man Stands and Blood properly remastered after all these years is something else. My one complaint is I'm surprised they didn't try and tack on I'm The Man and Bring The Noise on there somewhere. I'm not particularly a big fan of those, but it would have made it feel complete. I can't believe how cheap it is as well, weird how under the radar this release was.

It's because it's not a US release, if I am not mistaken. Released outside US territory. But yes, it sounds AMAZING. Seems like they mastered all the albums around time of that 2 cd collection and just waited it out. The ATL is same master as the deluxed edition. But I bought this for the other three albums honestly since I had the deluxe ed already. Liners are kind of lame, but whatever. Shit sounds amazing.

I wanted to get this set but I recently turned a new eye towards mastering and remastering. In short - I like the old stuff. It is, for a lack of a better word, crankable. Most of the old masterings of metal stuff are not that bad and sound pretty dynamic. If it is not loud enough - there is the volume dial to solve that problem for me. In short - old masterings and pressing for me. (I will still buy reissues if mastered properly or there is bonus content etc. - for example the Toxik reissue from Displeased sounds great and has tons of bonuses)

You should really hear the new mastering on Spreading The Disease. It's great.

I did. I liked it as far as loudness goes but there is definite loss of some of the dynamics on those CD's. I compared them to my old pressings and listened to them on some better hardware and you can hear that clearly. However for listening in the car etc. the new set is perfect.